Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll try my best to keep this post short, concise and to the point.

Purchased Rockville SS8P
(Search Amazon, I cannot yet embed/include links as this is my 1st post) :frown2:

I've decided to take advantage of the "High-Level input leads" as opposed to using a LOC. :wink:

I want to tap into the wiring leading to the factory sub, only problem/question I have is this:

The Rockville setup shows L +/- and R +/- for the "High-Level input leads", but as far as I know, the sub only has 1 pair of wires to use, so how would I go about connecting if I only have 1 set of wires? :|

Alternatively, I guess I could use the back piller L and R to feed the input as opposed to the mono sub. :nerd:

Any suggestions? :confused:

I appreciate the help in advance. :29::29::29:

Regards,

Z

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am going to attempt the installation on Thursday of this week (2-14-19) and will report my findings. I am going to just splice both L and R +/- leads to the +/- lead from the factory sub wiring harness and hopefully get what I expect out of it. The system also comes with a remote bass knob, but from what I read on other systems, users have been using the Subwoofer level on the factory head unit to control the amount of bass on the aftermarket sub. Might try that first and see if I don't need the remote control knob.

Regards,

Z

·
Registered
695 Posts
Good luck. Post back how it works, sounds...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts