Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 MDX and today suddenly my power windows, door lock switches and when I lock the car with the remote the doors lock but there is no 'beep'. I assume its a fuse issue, or multiple fuses. Anyone know which one(s) it would be or if its another issue? The car starts and runs fine, thanks.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, the long fuse in the engine fuse box is stuck, can't remove it even after I remove the screw. Any tips on getting one of these out?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also, the long fuse in the engine fuse box is stuck, can't remove it even after I remove the screw. Any tips on getting one of these out?
Update: I sprayed a little CRC QD Electronic Cleaner in around the long fuse, let is sit for a minute then it pulled out with plyers.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I had a very nerve wracking experience with my 08 last week as I was installing a backup camera kit. While checking the wires at the backup light socket to determine which was "hot," I somehow managed to arc something with the probes of my multimeter. As soon as it happened, I had no power windows, instruments or warning lights, sunroof, turn signals, daytime running lights or backup lights,and the starter would turn over but wouldn't start. I figured I'd blown a fuse so i started checking them. Three hours into this mess I still had no joy and began to thin it might be a relay. The next day I called a local independent who specializes in Honda and Acura. He said, trust me, it is a fuse. Go back, pull and visually check each one. Sure enough, a 7.5 amp fuse was blown. It was number 21 in the interior fuse box, for the "Gauges" circuit. So one blown 7.5 amp gauge circuit fuse caused all of that. I would pull and check every fuse before doing anything else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts