Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everybody,

I just purchase a 2007 Acura MDX Elite. Everything works on the car except Power tilt/telescoping steering wheel. Its stuck in the up right position

- First thing I thought it was the fuse. I check the fuse it is fine.
- I took the switch off, tested it it seem fine also.
- Check the connector side of the switch and there is no power running through it.
- I read the owner manual, and disconnected the battery, to re calibrate it. I saw the steering wheel move slightly. But still doesn't work and still stuck in the up right position.

Has anybody came across this problem or have any ideas on whats wrong?

Thanks

·
Registered
748 Posts
There are some instructions for installing a new steering wheel.
You can go the any OEM Acura parts site and look at the accessories section, then find the steering wheel. After selecting the steering wheel you will see an opportunity to open an instructions pdf

These are from page 6 of 6.

#26. Reconnect the negative battery cable to the battery, and do these tasks:
..Turn the ignition switch to ON (ii;); the SRS indicator should come on for about 6 seconds and then go off.
..Enter the anti-theft code for the audio system and the navigation system (if equipped), and reenter the radio presets.
..Make sure the horn and turn signal switches work properly.
..Make sure the steering wheel switches work properly.

#27. Reset the steering column position memorization:
..Insert the built -in key into the ignition switch,and remove it.
..The steering wheel automatically moves fully in and out to let you know the system is reset.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response carpayment4life.

Ya I tried to disconnect the battery, it doesn't do anything. Still can't adjust the tilt on the wheel.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the same problem on my 2007. You can try using the buttons to moving it "back" toward the dash an inch or so by giving in a light push while you press the "reverse" button, once it is in a more "center" position you can try moving it up or down. Make sure you disable the "auto" feature where it pulls the steering wheel to the front of the dash once you get it set where you want it. I was told the entire steering column would need to be replaced as the piece parts are not available, not cost effective unless you get a lower mileage salvage yard swap to put in it. The dealer said its a common problem for the gears to "wear out". The motor in yours may have failed but on mine it seems the gears themselves have failed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi supra360,

I'm experiencing the same issue with my 2008 MDX and was wondering if you were able to resolve the issue? Thanks for you help!

-Scott

1 - 5 of 5 Posts