Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Touring.

I had a problem with a power steering leack and pump noise. I checked and it seemed it was coming out of the top of the reservoir. I figured the red push-in cap was letting fluid around it. Replaced it and it didnt work.

I replaced the pump yesterday evening and fired up the car to let the fluid circulate. Once that happened I turned it left to right and it blue the red cap off the resevoir and fluid everywhere.

Then I took the cap off and started the car and saw the fluid flowing in the resevoir. I then installed the red cap to the reservoir and it starter making a noise in the pump and pushing the fuid up in the resevoir again!

It appears to me that it has air in the system.

Help and what is the solution?

Thanks

·
Registered
172 Posts
Here is what I did. Mine was making noise, but no visible leak. I replaced the rubber o-rings and rebuilt the pump, still noisy. I then bought a new reservoir, new rubber hose fore and aft the reservoir, and a new hard line that goes along the top of frame back to the rack. The hard line gets rusty up here in WI because of its location. I also replaced the hose clamps with more robust clamps. I think the fix was the hard line. I believe it had some tiny pinholes allowing air in, but not fluid out... Now it's silent. I would go rubber and steel lines first..

Fyi ur cap is blown off because u are sucking in air somewhere, find the leak, noise will disappear and fluid in reservoir will become calm...Keeping cap on, also flush system with new Honda PS fluid, very important to use Honda brand

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is what I did. Mine was making noise, but no visible leak. I replaced the rubber o-rings and rebuilt the pump, still noisy. I then bought a new reservoir, new rubber hose fore and aft the reservoir, and a new hard line that goes along the top of frame back to the rack. The hard line gets rusty up here in WI because of its location. I also replaced the hose clamps with more robust clamps. I think the fix was the hard line. I believe it had some tiny pinholes allowing air in, but not fluid out... Now it's silent. I would go rubber and steel lines first..

Fyi ur cap is blown off because u are sucking in air somewhere, find the leak, noise will disappear and fluid in reservoir will become calm...Keeping cap on, also flush system with new Honda PS fluid, very important to use Honda brand

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Thanks. I will start with this. I have a new reservoir.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts