Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone...

I have noticed recently that my steering wheel is very hard to turn on my 2008 MDX with 133k on the odometer when at a complete stop but is back to normal seemingly as soon as I let my foot off the brakes and the car is inching forward.

I did some searching and it seems like there was an updated part from Honda/Acura that addressed this issue.

I checked my fluid level and it was a bit low so I added a bit using OEM Honda/Acura PS fluid and it did not help.

My question is whether to fork up the cast ($400 plus) for an oem part or will I be ok using the ones found on Ebay etc for $60-$100?

Anyone here have any feedback?

Thanks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
My pump recently went on my 2010. There's a recall on certain lots of pumps for being hard to turn at low speeds and there was extended warranty for them. My serial number was not subject to the recall but had bad bearings, a separate problem. I'd first check if yours was part of the recall and ask for a partial goodwill repair b/c you'll be outside the warranty period.

If you're eating the cost, it depends on how long you plan to keep the car. Personally I chose OEM.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.