Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Acura MDX 2008. The steering wheel is hard to turn. Is it the power steering pump problem? I searched and found out the O-ring inside the power steering pump might be a cause. Anyone has the same problem as me? And am I on the right track?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Possible causes for a stiff steering wheel are a loose or damaged power steering belt, low power steering fluid levels, a damaged or leaking power steering rack or a broken power steering pump. So was there any noise from under the hood recently prior to this? Does the steering become easier after the car is warmed up? Does it turn easier in one direction over other? This is a long shot but how old are your serpentine belt and belt tensioner, if the belt is slipping your steering will become stiff.? Have the car warmed up, 10 minutes, and have someone sit and turn the wheels and listen to the power steering pump for any noises, bearing sounds or belt slippage. Check for leaks around pump, hoses and steering rack.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.