Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Son in law has a 2007 MDX that is making a noise at the power steering pump area. At idle the noise is faint, but when turning the wheel the noise increases. The fluid in the reservoir is full, but bubbly and brown looking.

What do you guys think the issue could be? O rings on the inlets?

Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi all

Son in law has a 2007 MDX that is making a noise at the power steering pump area. At idle the noise is faint, but when turning the wheel the noise increases. The fluid in the reservoir is full, but bubbly and brown looking.

What do you guys think the issue could be? O rings on the inlets?

Thanks
AcuraAddicted has 2 videos regarding the power steering noise. Check it our and compare the noise.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the two new o rings and 3 bottles of Honda PS fluif; hoping to flush the old fluid and replace o rings this weekend. Can I use a Prestone Asian formula to flush with and fill with the Honda fluid?

Would the hose be 5/8 diameter?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hond/Acura’s are real sensitive to aftermarket fluids/oils. With exception to Engine oil & Brake Fluid, I‘d stick to OEM recommendations.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks..I changed out the o rings today and flushed the fluid. Noise is gone and running smooth and quiet. I did have to take the pump off as well as pulley to change the bottom o ring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts