Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
I am not sure I understand what you are trying to say about the turn signals? can you explain further?
I was just being cynical - it seems a lot of BMW drivers never use their turn signals for some reason. Of course, many drivers of other makes also don't use their turn signals but it seems particularly endemic with BMW drivers. I always use my turn signals so it's just a frustration point for me.

The X7 I believe comes standard with the 3rd row and is roomier but 'starts' at $75K so you're probably going to pay $80K to $90K once you configure it. Sweet but very pricey.
I just had some fun with the BMW configurator and maxed out both the X5 and X7 with all the options possible. When you add in the $995 destination charge the X5 is $82,750 and the X7 is $97,635. Zowie.
That's just more than I'd be willing to pay for a new vehicle so if that's the end result I'll just skip that make. There are plenty of other options including the MDX, of course, but also the Jeep Grand Cherokee, which brings back the possibility of going four wheeling with (which I did extensively with my XJ Cherokee) and of course a bunch of other manufacturers.

I don't assign any 'prestige' to any vehicle so I'm not willing to pay for such. I was willing, however, to pay the bit extra for the 2014 MDX due to its acceleration, handling, and appointments and it was a great purchase hence I'd consider a 2022 even though some posters here have had some issues. I understand being 'turned off' to a brand because of a bad experience with a vehicle even knowing statistically it was an outlier - that happened to me with a Ford Exploder (sic).

·
Registered
79 Posts
The X5 is suppose to get a facelift in April. I am considering the 45e hybrid and will wait until for the LCI update.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
The X5 is suppose to get a facelift in April. I am considering the 45e hybrid and will wait until for the LCI update.
A refresh? Interesting. We'll, I should know by now to steer clear of that 😁

Make sure you test drive the 45e in electric only mode. It's really under-powered.

·
Registered
79 Posts
A refresh? Interesting. We'll, I should know by now to steer clear of that 😁

Make sure you test drive the 45e in electric only mode. It's really under-powered.
Thanks I will…

the refresh is going to change the dash and some interior items and make adaptive suspension available to non M models I think. Still a G05 model

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yep, usually the LCI refreshes are usually simply visual updates and typically a pretty safe bet. Sometimes they throw in some reliability improvements like they did with the E90 when they moved it from the N54 to the N55 engine.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts