Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you have to get the the touring package just to get a power passenger seat?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so you can actually order it as a part? if so does anyone know the price...? because the second power seat is the big decision maker for most people...

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
mymdxiscoming said:
so you can actually order it as a part? if so does anyone know the price...? because the second power seat is the big decision maker for most people...
It's not an accessory, but a part, just like your dealer can order parts for the engine. As such, it can't be very cheap, and will require that you pay for dealer installation. Since that price will vary greatly between dealers (parts and labor), it's best to ask your dealership how much it would cost.

I can't imagine it's very cheap and at that point, it offsets most of the cost of the Touring Package.

Thus, if you want the power passenger's seat, you should get the Touring.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
mymdxiscoming said:
do you have to get the the touring package just to get a power passenger seat?

It seems to be very expensive from the price of the individual components, check this website for the prices of all the individual pieces. It only has the 2001 model but I believe there wouldn't be much difference in price. I would also check with Tim at Hondacuraworld for a better price.
Pick the vehicle then the components of the seat to see the prices.

http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.net/acura/jsp/mws/catdisplay.jsp

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
293 Posts
so the parts total to be about $800 ... don't know how much markup from the factory. on another hand, the navigation system components add up to $4200+?!? mainly, the quoted the NAVI DVD unit assembly for $2000 and the display for $1800.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
let me get this correct... so in the base model the passenger seat is manual... i just want to double check...

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I believe that the Pilot does not even have an eight way passenger seat as an option.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
BaldEagle said:
I believe that the Pilot does not even have an eight way passenger seat as an option.
Unfortunately, that is true. Somewhat of an artificial marketing constraint by Honda to keep the Pilot price down, and to keep it from cannibalizing MDX-base sales (e.g. you can get a power passenger's seat - 4-way only - in an Accord EX V6, you can get heated seats in an Odyssey, but none of these in the Pilot).

That all said, I think the power passenger seat being an option in a trim makes sense (even though it is part of a package that not everyone wants). Lots of folks don't want a power passenger's seat, though some folks obvously do.

There is Yet Another 2003 Rumor that Acura will drop the MDX base trim, which makes things even more interesting (higher entry price to the MDX, room for the Pilot to get more features, some pricing room for the MDX to add features).

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for clearing that up... i think i'm going to wait for the '03 to see what comes out... and i saw my first pilot today... and i didnt like it @ all... exterior wise... i might take a trip to honda tomorrow to check the interior...

once again thanks for all the help...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts