Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 MDX Touring
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I’ve spent several hours pouring through past posts on this topic and can’t find anything that quite matches my situation. 2004 MDX Touring, 245,000 miles:) Car runs great. A year ago the key fob stopped locking and unlocking the doors with the exception of the rear hatch and the driver door. Then it stopped unlocking the driver door too, but would still unlock and lock the rear hatch. Then the rear camera stopped working- screen turned black. Shortly after that the rear left door wouldn’t lock or unlock using the driver’s door to lock it, nor would it lock/unlock using the rear left door’s door lock, nor would it unlock/lock with the key fob. You had to manually push or pull the actual lock to lock or unlock the door. A few months later the rear passenger side door started doing the same thing. And now a month ago the front passenger door is doing the same thing. And now the driver’s door will no longer lock using the driver’s door lock. However, occasionally the doors may intermittently respond to the driver’s door lock and will lock (not all 4 doors, but maybe 2). Now, I have read about the rear right hatch wire bundles being severed in the gasket and that the big red wire in the gasket controls the rear camera. I checked tonight and my big red wire and the yellow wire are both severed in two. So I plan to fix those this weekend as seen in previous posts (high hope for success!). Does anyone know what the yellow wire controls? And any chance the left side wires control the power locks? The left side appear in tact, but I didn’t pull the wires out of the gasket very far, so I think I may need to double check those. My rear defrost, wipers, tail lights, and license plate light all work. All of the doors make a locking sound when I try to lock with the key fob or using the driver door or the individual doors. The panic button does not work on the fob either. And yes, I bought a new battery and changed out the old in the key fob. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
FWIW, the doors, other than the driver's door, AND the tailgate lock are all wired in parallel. So if any of them are working, it would indicate that the other actuators are bad (or at least intermittent). Your remote is not suspect if any of the locks work. Don't know about the panic button..

Also, don't know what the large yellow cable does, but it almost doesn't matter - just fix it and any other broken wires.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Fix the hatch wires first. This afternoon I can try to look up the yellow wire. Lock actuators that make the sound but don't actually unlock the car indicate an actuator failure.

If that happens to every one at the same time except the drivers door, especially if it goes click/click it is likely the drivers door actuator broken. If it is only happening to somr of them it is the individual doors.

In your case I wouldn't be shocked if you need all 4, but start with the drivers. You can get them on Amazon for less than $25 each.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts