Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 questions:

Does the keyfob power liftgate work if the doors are all locked? I have to unlock the car then that keyfob liftgate will work. If it can work, how do I program it to work while all doors are unlocked.

The car settings is set to self lock in 30sec based on the reading I am seeing on the dash. My wife is worried that what if she forgets the key in the car, will it know the key is in the car and not lock?

Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have 2 questions:

Does the keyfob power liftgate work if the doors are all locked? I have to unlock the car then that keyfob liftgate will work. If it can work, how do I program it to work while all doors are unlocked.

The car settings is set to self lock in 30sec based on the reading I am seeing on the dash. My wife is worried that what if she forgets the key in the car, will it know the key is in the car and not lock?

Thanks
>>my mdx liftgate will not open without all doors locked..i think you can reprogamme your key fob tho..not sure how to do that.will check my manual and report back,] will also check the sec question too

·
Registered
248 Posts
What year and model is your MDX?

On my 2013 tech, the power tailgate will only open using the fob if at least the front doors are unlocked. This is set out on page 142 of my manual. (Mine is the Canadian model, so yours may be different.)

As to auto-locking, the doors will not auto-lock after you leave the car. The 30 second delay is when you unlock them with the fob. If you don't open a door within 30 seconds of unlocking them with the fob, they re-lock. You can set the delay to longer. This is set out on page 121 of my manual.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Liftgate issue

Hello....

Well we are having issues with liftgate on 2010 Acura MDX going up automatically

I can open from inside on drivers door
I can open from Key fob

problem is when I touch the switch above license plate it will not trigger the power lift gate feature...

i replaced the liftgate switch above the license plate today...and it still will not go up and down on its own...i have to lift it manually....the other 2 means still work (key fob and drivers door button)

i have checked the rear fuse..it is fine ...u remove the fuse and powerliftgate wont work at all...

i am baffled????????????

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

·
Registered
162 Posts
AFAIK... My lift gate never opened under power from the switch above the license plate. that's a manual open operation.

All other options ; key FOB or door switch work
{ now If I could get it to close... thats another story.. LOL]

J.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hello....

Well we are having issues with liftgate on 2010 Acura MDX going up automatically

I can open from inside on drivers door
I can open from Key fob

problem is when I touch the switch above license plate it will not trigger the power lift gate feature...

i replaced the liftgate switch above the license plate today...and it still will not go up and down on its own...i have to lift it manually....the other 2 means still work (key fob and drivers door button)

i have checked the rear fuse..it is fine ...u remove the fuse and powerliftgate wont work at all...

i am baffled????????????

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks
On my 2011, the button above license plate is not a power one its just a manual lever covered in a rubber part. You can only use power to open the gate from either the driver's door or the KeyFob.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts