Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Power fluctuation on takeoff (surging)

I just picked up my 02 last week and notice in second gear, it sometimes fluctuates in power several times. Feels like things are too tight or something is restricting it from a smooth acceleration...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Waylan....

First off, congratulations on being the proud new 'X owner!
Regarding your concern, I've seen discussions on this before. You may want to try a 'search' and see what comes back. But, I can tell you that I experianced the same thing I think you're describing. I especially noticed it right after I got my 'X. I attribute it to the climate control that alternates between heat & air conditioning when needed. I'm not speaking for everyone but, that is what I found.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Surging every 1 second during acceleration

Okay... I knew this would happen. I sold my last vehicle because I was tired of it not running right. Well this new MDX of mine surges every 1 second on takeoff that I feel mostly in second gear. I really feel it when its cold. I now know it is termed "surging" from looking at this thread as I had initally termed it "fluctuating" .

Has anyone ever gotten this surging every 1 second business fixed or had experience with it? Although I only have 300 miles on mine, I am thinking of selling it allready if I can't find anyone on here that has had it fixed. I had assumed it would go away possibly because the engine needed to break in but from reading other posts here.. It's a known issue...

HELP!

~waylan

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great News!

My frequent surging issues went away at 400 miles right after I carried a load of 7 people in city driving for around 40 miles! When I stepped out of my MDX, I did smell that new car burning smell so maybe something (possibly emmisson wise?) finally got worked in.

I continue to have the same "morning" surging just as I was experiencing all the time but it does not bother me near as much.

Now if I can just settle rattles and squeeks in the back, a low pitched rumble at 50-65 and the morning surging, I'll be prefectly happy!

Gonna keep my MDX!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts