Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am planning to buy Used Acura MDX 2013 - Elite, As this will be my First SUV, please let me know, is it a good buy,

Mileage -> 45k ( KM) , priced around 31k ( CAD), planning to take additional warranty i.e 7 years 120k

i did hear lot of issue with MDX Elite regarding the Shock observers

Should i go with the 3rd Generation -> 2014 tech package, as i am not fan of the exterior look.

Any advice would be great in deciding .

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dare

·
Registered
187 Posts
Don't get advance on 2nd gen, shocks are a nightmare I've had exoerience. Base MDX above 2011 seems like a really good deal. Don't let the word base mod discourage you as I test drove one and it's really nice

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I have an 11 MDX Adv+Ent since 2014. The 10-13 Adv/Elite has a lot of upgrades compared to the base/tech MDX that are really nice like:
- ADS: Active Damper System or magnetic shocks with comfort and sport modes
- CMBS: Collision Mitigation Braking System for auto braking at hwy speeds (not designed for lower city speeds)
- ACC: Active Cruise Control to help maintain your speed and car distance on hwy by automatically adjusting both to keep an constant interval
- BSI: Blind Spot Monitoring to help you with vehicles in your blind spot. The MDX doesn't have the best rear view
- Seat belt pre-tensioners to help tighten the front seat belts if the CMBS is engaged
- Auto level headlights if you have a heavy load in the rear or towing something heavy
- 3 levels of heat and cooling front seats, they heat very fast on the coldest morning
- larger front and rear stabilizer bars for improved handling in corners
- larger 19 inch rim/tires

You would have to step up the the 14 MDX Adv to get the same level of tech. I don't know the extras you get with the Elite version of the MDX; but, you get the above plus a few more things just for your market. Acura has added an extended 100,000 mile/160,000 km extended warranty for the magnetic shocks/struts last year. The magnetic shocks/struts were the biggest worry for the Adv/Elite MDX isn't a worry any more. The 13 MDX Elite would have more tech, wider cabin, ready to tow 5000lbs (just add hitch/harness), more sporty to drive, and has a larger and brighter Navi screen compared to the 14 MDX tech. The +14 MDX would have the advantage of LED headlights, smaller size, better overall mpgs, closer to minivan driving characteristics, and more current styling.

I've had a few +14 MDX loaners with the 6AT and 9AT. I like my 11 MDX better and plan on keeping it until the wheels fall off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts