Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a lurker for a few months now and reading the threads throughout the forums.

Wife and I decided to get a second/bigger car, currently drives a 2016 Subaru Impreza wagon with 2 dogs. We initially was looking at the 2018 Mazda CX-5, 2014 Audi Q5, and 2015 RDX as we didn't want a full-size suv. After talking to friends who owns those cuv, everyone say if they could do it again, they would opt for the CX-9, Q7, and MDX. This got us thinking that we should aim for the MDX as we preferred the Japanese reliability. Watching some YouTube videos, I think we are going for the 2015-2016 MDX with Technology Package/AcuraWatch Plus/Heated Steering Wheel. Going to check a 2016 CPO at the dealer this weekend with 68K miles for $27K. Not sure why most used/CPO MDX has the grey/beige interior and the black is so hard to fine.

With that said, let me know what you think of the price and anything I should be aware of down the road. And could someone tell me why some 2016 models only have one button for the LKAS while some have 2?

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
You can only get the full Acurawatch with the 2015 MDX with the Advance model. The 2015 MDX also still has the 6AT; which, was pretty good compared to the 9AT in the 2016 MDX. The 16 MDX 9AT is hit or miss and take some time to get use to coming from ATs with less gears. There was a reflash re-programming available from the dealership; but, it seems it didn't correct the effected MDXs fully like in the +17 versions. Acura made changes after +17 to correct the drive-ability and shifting issues to where it seems to be a non-issue.

I think the 16 MDX Acurawatch was optional for the base to tech versions and you have to really double-check to make sure you have the full suite (ACC/CMBS button might be a way to double-check for full Acurawatch on 16 MDXs). I don't think the cost would that different with or without Acurawatch for the base/tech versions. Acurawatch became standard (along with the redesign) for the +17 MDXs. I think I would lean towards a 15 MDX Adv or 17 MDX tech as my top two picks (both with sh-awd).

Not 100% sure about the heated steering wheel being standard on certain models? I think it was a dealer installed option.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mrgold35! For giving me another option to look '15 w/Advance. For us, we don't think we have a need for rear seat entertainments...

Unfortunately I can not post links yet, but the car is a 2016 Tech with the price of $27,874 on the Acura of Peabody Mass site.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts