Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am shopping for a used vehicle and am considering a 2014 MDX with a Advance Package. I have a couple of questions:

1) Which worthwhile upgrades have been made to the MDX since 2014 that I would be missing out on? I know there have been exterior style updates. Any others?
2) I am also considering a 2014 QX60. What were your reasons to get an MDX over the Infiniti vehicle?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
My 2014 MDX Tech SHAWD is fine - no issues. Some 2014s had body panel misalignment issues but you can easily check this on any vehicle you buy by just looking over the vehicle before you buy it. Some reported thumping noises from the rear - this has apparently been fixed by a TSB (mine's never had the issue). I'd be perfectly comfortable buying a 2014 again - I'd just check the body panel alignment and do some extensive test driving - as one should do with any vehicle.

I chose an MDX over the Infiniti due to - better handling, better acceleration, better mileage, better transmission (I don't like the CVTs) and overall looks and appeal for what I was looking for.

·
Registered
21 Posts
...I chose an MDX over the Infiniti due to - better handling, better acceleration, better mileage, better transmission (I don't like the CVTs) and overall looks and appeal for what I was looking for.
Same reasons here though applicable for 2016/2017. Have had the change to drive multiple QX 60s over the last few years, often for an entire day at a time as we have a QX 56/80. THE QX 60 looks a little more Minivanish - if I can use that term. The CVT was a big draw back. THe 2016 QX 60 featured some improvements in the 2016 year particularly steering and handling and the "step logic" they introduced to the transmission making it shift more like fixed gear ratios with hard acceleration but the changes still did not make it as much a driver's SUV as an MDX. It's third row however is better accesible and in my opinion somewhat more roomy, particularly regarding head room. Cabin materials in the 2016 on are also better than the MDX It's not a bad SUV, quite the contrary but certainly is not as much fun to drive/hustle along as the MDX.

·
Registered
961 Posts
My 2014 is a very early production unit. Built in May of 2013. It now has 52K miles on it with only the buzzy power steering needing a software update to cure. Yes, being a GDI engine, it is a bit noisy, but you cannot hear it inside the cabin. Overall I am very happy with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.