Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Body and trim: paint on passenger side window frame cracked and peeled, handle for back seat broke, handle for console slide broke off, both cigarette lighter caps broke, rear hatch light switches broke, and many more trim items broken. No kids or rough use.
Bad noise from transmission, noise from steering pump, leaking oil from main cap, other.

Anyone have these problems? I will never buy Acura again!!

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I will give you a rundown...

-Paint on Passenger Frame = This piece fails in every car in existence, its not meant to last for ever.

-Handle for back seat broke = Could be user related

-Handle for console slide broke off = TOTALLY User related, It gets hard to pull with time as dirt gets into the sliding rail and makes it bind, but breaking is totally the user fault.

-Both Cigarette Lighter Caps Broke = Could be user related

-Rear Hatch Light switches = I simply don't see how they can be broken?

-Bad noise from transmission = Use your warranty

-Noise from Steering Pump = Have you ever flushed the PS Fluid?

-Leaking oil from main cap? = You mean like the engine oil fill cap?

Many of the issues you posted can be because of user error and I am sorry your MDX came out as basically a LEMON because my 2007 does not have ANY of your mentioned issues so do not generalize.

·
Registered
748 Posts
OP:

How many previous owners does your 2009 mdx have and how many miles are on it?
Do you have any service records?

Most of the things that you've list are negotiation points, which could be used when making an offer on a used vehicle.
Do you do basic auto servicing yourself or do you rely on mechanics?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Not a single one of those trim issues on my '12 with 90k miles and it's used almost exclusively as a kid schlepper. I've been quite impressed with the robustness of the interior trim on this. We traded an '11 Sienna on this and after 18 months it had several interior trim bits replaced under warranty.

Oil leak from main cap....are you talking about the fill cap?? That's probably residue from whatever knucklehead changes your oil. No reason oil should leak from that otherwise.

Honda power steering pumps are noisy at times. Not usually an issue but doesn't mean it's going to fail either.

Transmission noise...depends what it is. The 5-speed that your model has was never the smoothest operator but not a terrible reliability history. Make sure the fluid is changed every 30k miles and they usually last quite well.

As much as I dislike the way the transmission shifts in our '12, this has been extremely reliable (zero repairs) so far.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts