Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 MDX NAVI with around 65K KMs on it. The other day I noticed that every time I put the car in reverse and sometimes even drive the engine jolts. So I asked a friend of mine to sit in the car and shift through gears, while I popped the hud and looked at the engine. And for sure the engine does move back and forth when the gears are shifted. Also, sometimes when I am parked on the driveway( my driveway has a bit of slope to it) and put the car in reverse it jolts so much that I can feel that while sitting at the steering when and doors closed.
Has anybody experienced something similar and also I would like to tackle this DIY...any tips/ suggestions?

Thanks,
AJ

·
Registered
7 Posts
I experienced it in the 2015 mdx I purchased in July with 56k miles. I purchased a warranty at the same time so when I finally got the service department to check it out, the salesman continued to tell me it was normal, the front & back engine mounts were loose. If you’re able to repair it go ahead it will save you over $700. The warranty paid for mine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I experienced it in the 2015 mdx I purchased in July with 56k miles. I purchased a warranty at the same time so when I finally got the service department to check it out, the salesman continued to tell me it was normal, the front & back engine mounts were loose. If you’re able to repair it go ahead it will save you over $700. The warranty paid for mine.
Great. Thanks for the insight. In fact, I did get a 5 year extended warranty at the time of purchase so I should be good there. I will contact the dealership after labour day to get an appointment booked.
Did they replace both for you?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Great. Thanks for the insight. In fact, I did get a 5 year extended warranty at the time of purchase so I should be good there. I will contact the dealership after labour day to get an appointment booked.
Did they replace both for you?
Yw. They did replace both. After they replaced the front I picked it up almost got home & I heard the clunk sound again so I immediately called them back & was told to bring it back in. Took it back later that day & the mechanic rode with us & said it was the back engine mount. Each time took more than a day , so try to make sure you get a loaner suv. I had the tmx, i think, I know it was a car.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I did get a 5 year extended warranty at the time of purchase so I should be good there
It seems, but I'm not certain, that the motor/trans mounts would be covered under the normal factory power train warranty that's 6 years/70K miles. If not then it probably wouldn't be covered by an extended warranty either. Regardless, don't assume the extended warranty covers any particular item without reading the fine print since they tend to exclude anything with much chance of failing, which is why the extended warranties are highly profitable for them and why they push them so much.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It seems, but I'm not certain, that the motor/trans mounts would be covered under the normal factory power train warranty that's 6 years/70K miles. If not then it probably wouldn't be covered by an extended warranty either. Regardless, don't assume the extended warranty covers any particular item without reading the fine print since they tend to exclude anything with much chance of failing, which is why the extended warranties are highly profitable for them and why they push them so much.
I am not sure what the power train warranty is here in Canada (I'll check in a little bit). However, whether it is covered or not I will find out when they open tomorrow. It'll be a shame if it isn't. I agree, as I did regret spending extra on that ext warranty afterwards, as I was trying to find something and read in the fine print a few things including shocks not covered at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts