Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made the switch to Zaino this past weekend. It's everything they say it is. ZFX works great and was worth the wait. Did Dawn, Clay Bar, Z7, Z5, Z6, Z5, Z6, Z2, Z6, Z2, Z6, Z2, Z6. I completed the last three steps this morning before work.

Drying time was always within 1 hour when I went out to wipe it off. The whole MDX including roof and windows uses only 1/3 ounce. Using the ZFX bottle I filled it half way (one ounce) added 5 drops of ZFX and that easily completed two coats with polish left over. I was in a garage and could see the polish so I know it was covering.

It was so nice to have no white powder. What a difference when done and you can breathe at night. Or the other vehicle in the garage is not totally covered with dust.

The only negative aspect of the experience had nothing to do with the Zaino, but a constantly weeping passenger side mirror. I used up a whole can of compressed air on that mirror. Must have sprayed it a least 50 separate times and it just kept coming. I could have sworn (and I did) that there was a hose hooked up to the back of it. Not a drop from the driver's side mirror.

Each coat is looking better and better. Hope to get coats 4 and 5 on before I have to take it out tomorrow. What a shame to dry it now in the rain and dirt. Well I can always Zaino it again next weekend.

Say good bye to Griots Best of Show Wax that did me well for the last three years.

·
Registered
715 Posts
yeaahhh, baby, glad you joined the club! I, too, switched from Griots.....I hated the powdery residue and staining of black rubber/vinyl bodywork.

better get that weeping mirror fixed, tho....you are aware of the TSB on it, right? or is it left?;)

anyway, enjoy, enjoy!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts