Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
New MDX Owner (almost)

Greetings,

This is my first time posting, but I wanted to chime in. My wife and I took the plunge and bought an MDX this past weekend.

:29: We had a really good experience with Sandy at Acura of Portland.

:28: I spent a lot of time looking and talked to several other dealers, including Tonkin. While my last visit at Tonkin wasn't bad - talked to Adam Tonkin - previous visits were less than helpful. We encountered more attitude there than assistance and this was no small part of the reason we ended up across town.

We are scheduled to take delivery in a little over a week. I'm interested in finding others in Portland that have already learned some of what I'll need to know in the next few months/years. I've already learned - after the fact - that it wasn't too bright ordering some of my accessories at dealer prices :8:

I look forward to hearing from other MDXers.

Cheers,

Michael Garretson :31:

· Registered
2,474 Posts
Re: New MDX Owner (almost)

HavasuMike said:
Greetings,

I've already learned - after the fact - that it wasn't too bright ordering some of my accessories at dealer prices :8:

I look forward to hearing from other MDXers.

Cheers,

Michael Garretson :31:
Don't be so hard on yourself. I made the major boo-boo of initially ordering w/o navigation. Although the dealer prices are high I decided to get the tow package from the dealer to have it factory warranteed 4/48000. You may be able to cancel some of the add ons, I was able to wait till the last few days before delivery to make a decision.

Saw my first Hav Blue at the dealer (Tonkin) when I picked up my X on Friday and I really liked the color.

I had a very positive experience with Tonkin in Portland. They were able to get a car faster than 4 other dealers and were great in handling my request to change from touring w/o nav to touring with nav. I called them on the 22nd, they had a car I wanted that was built on 5-21 that they were going to use for a demo that they let me have. Car arrived in Portland on 5-30, and was delivered to me on 5-31. No forced options, no hard sell on extended warranties, and they cancelled the VTR (vehicle theft registration $266) as I requested from the original contract they faxed to me. Even called me the next day after delivery to make sure everything was OK with the X.

After driving the X home to Southern Oregon I am more convinced than ever that this is the vehicle for me. The MDX is a great car!

· Registered
81 Posts
Not many posts on the Pacific NW thread. Im new also. Took delivery of SS touring few wks ago. Bought from Acura of Portland. They were very easy to work with. Just had bad vibes at Tonkin Acura. Still not seeing very many MDX's around town. Already retrofitted 7500K HID lights on the MDX and they look pretty good.

· Registered
150 Posts
I see MDX's everywhere. Four in my area of the company parking lot and two more within a block of my house. :2:

Smart co-workers and neighbors :4:

· Registered
12 Posts
Stongard for cheaper anyone??

I found new competition for stongard. It is rockblocker.com. They seel and install kits just stongard for half the price. They 3M ScotchCal and pre-cut their kits for the clear bra. The funny thing is they are right in stongards background.

· Registered
3 Posts
Sending a shoutout to the Portland Area MDX owners. I bought my 2003 a few weeks ago from Tonkin in Portland/Beaverton. Steve Cho was great to work with. The entire purchase experience was fantastic!

· Registered
23 Posts
Hi Northwesterners!

Received my 03 X on May 8. Absolutely love it. I was able to get some free accessories and some at cost installed, all from Acura of Lynnwood. Minh Danh was my Internet Sales Manager, and Ric Stinardo is the new car Sales Mgr. Excellent team they have there and they really take care of you, from the sales, service, parts, you name it. They have been top notch.

I will look into the stongard competitor as I have been considering putting a transparent bra on the front end and mirrors. Something like this is a must if you drive in Washington/Oregon. Glad to be a part of this group:)

· Registered
457 Posts
Welcome aceman75, enjoy the X.

· Registered
302 Posts
Got mine from Tonkin as well. I delt with James and Larry. Both were great to deal with. James was the Fleet sales manager and I had talked to him a couple of monthe ago. Larry was there the next time i went into look and I felt both treated me great, no pressure at all. When I bought it I stictly delt with James seeing that he didn't have to go see if the offer would fly or not. I don't think I got the best deal in the world, but with my trade in I think it was truely fair for them and me. I highly recommend this dealer and these 2 gentlemen, They will do you right! I didn't notice any attitude as mentioned in other threads. Top notch in my book!

· Registered
159 Posts
4HICKSMDX said:
Got mine from Tonkin as well. I delt with James and Larry. Both were great to deal with. James was the Fleet sales manager and I had talked to him a couple of monthe ago. Larry was there the next time i went into look and I felt both treated me great, no pressure at all. When I bought it I stictly delt with James seeing that he didn't have to go see if the offer would fly or not. I don't think I got the best deal in the world, but with my trade in I think it was truely fair for them and me. I highly recommend this dealer and these 2 gentlemen, They will do you right! I didn't notice any attitude as mentioned in other threads. Top notch in my book!

I worked with James at a different job for about 3 years, we used to hang out a lot together, he got me into my TL Type S (cant say I really got a good deal). I ended up buying my MDX from Hanna Acura on the East side.

· Registered
32 Posts
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this board and live in the Portland Metro area. I don't see a lot of recent posts here, and was wondering if there are any active MDX clubs in the Portland area? Thanks in advance, looking forward to hanging out here.

· Registered
50 Posts
HELLO

Hello everyone in the Northwest. Bought my X at Acura of Portland, delt with Justin lemons, Finance/Internet manager, Justin handled the entire purchase from test drive to delivery. it was nice only dealing with one person for the entire deal, especially the number crunching part. was the easiest car buying experience ever. Anyway, any owners in vancouver?:2:

· Registered
42 Posts
I don't have a MDX but I got on this board to get help working on my father's MDX. His is '02 silver. I have a neighbor who just bought a black one and I have two friends who own MDX's as well.
Both my father and I live in Salmon Creek area.

· Registered
221 Posts
I just found this NW club. Is Auburn, WA too far north to be included? or is this just an Oregon thread?

· Registered
2,474 Posts
NW club includes Oregon and Washington DrKen. Welcome aboard.:7:

Everything you ever wanted to know about your MDX will be found here and even a few things you probably didn't want to know. :2:

· Registered
163 Posts
Thanks. Sure enjoy this web site. Lots of very good information, especially for a DYS'er.

Terry

21 - 40 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.