Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For multi-week parking at airport or harbor port garage, I want to have a portable power pack available. I've recently purchased a solar kit which plugs into the obd port, but I realize that I usually end up in covered or underground parking most of the time.

There are several on the market about the size of a human hand, and comes with alligator clips to attach to car battery terminals for jumpstarting. That's as much as I know.

Hoping somebody here is into mini-power packs and can recommend a brand name based on experience and knowledge. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I use the NOCO Genius Boost GB30 12V UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter, Amazon, $80:

I like it because it is smaller enough to fit anywhere from a glove box, purse, or over the should bag. You can recharge a cell phone or iPad several times with its USB connection, has a light, and suppose to be able to jump up to 6.0L V-8 engine up to 20 times. I used it to jump my son's 06 TSX and my mom's Bonneville 3.8L supercharge engine.

I still keep jumper cables in all three cars because I only have one NOCO charger. I did the Michelin 5100 Smart Jumper Cables with Surge Protection, Amazon, $37: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Michelin-5100-Jumper-Cables-Protection/dp/B002RRZX06/ref=au_as_r?_encoding=UTF8&Make=Acura%7C58&Model=MDX%7C744&Year=2011%7C2011&ie=UTF8&n=15684181&s=automotive&vehicleId=5&vehicleType=automotive[/ame]. I like these types of cables because they are 100% idiot proof (just in-case the wife or kid need to jump their car or someone elses).

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you - I will look into it, seems what I am seeking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts