Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mdx 2016 needs a jump start, dint use car for few weeks.. Wanted to try portable power banks and tried type s lithium available in costco, it did not help.. on amazon there is noco gb40, was thinking of getting that one.. would that work or any better recommendations?

·
Registered
55 Posts
My mdx 2016 needs a jump start, dint use car for few weeks.. Wanted to try portable power banks and tried type s lithium available in costco, it did not help.. on amazon there is noco gb40, was thinking of getting that one.. would that work or any better recommendations?
I do like Noco, but YMMV. No guarantee your rig will necessarily start.

IME keeping the Lithium units connected for 10-15 beforehand can sometimes help.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do like Noco, but YMMV. No guarantee your rig will necessarily start.

IME keeping the Lithium units connected for 10-15 beforehand can sometimes help.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, for type s one it said i have to start car in 30 sec of connecting.. Are u saying for noco i can leave it connected for 10-15 min and then try as well?

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
You have the option of doing a regular jump start with NOCO or let it re-charge the battery for bit before trying a jump starting. I've had issues with NOCO starting a 100% dead battery. I had a harder time jump starting a completely dead battery with NOCO compared to one with some charge. Letting the NOCO recharge 10-15 min can give the battery enough juice to start if the quick method does work at first.

I have several NOCO's and they come in handy with jump starting, recharging iPhone/ipads, and emergency flash light. It was easy to use the NOCO because both battery posts were exposed on my 06 TSX, 08 RDX, and 11 MDX.

The only issue I have now is my newer 18 RLX and 19 MDX both have one battery post covered and the negative connection hook is on the other side of the engine. The NOCO connections are not long enough to reach the negative hook on opposite side from the battery. I haven't had a need to jump start the newer vehicles and don't know if I can connect somewhere else on the frame or I have to remove the plastic covering to reach both battery terminals.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have an older model of the RuggedGeek RG1000. It boosted my 6.0L Denali with no issues. It loses very little charge over a number of months sitting in my wife's unpredictable Enclave.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all Noco gb 40 worked.. first tried after 1 min of connecting GB 40 and was not successful. Waited 3-4 minutes (still connected) and then it just worked.. As mentioned in above posts , it does help to leave it for some time to charge..

·
Registered
856 Posts
I have a Noco that I carry with me for charging. But I also have a CTEK that I use for charging and reconditioning batteries. Both have worked well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts