Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 2nd box of stuff from PORSCHE.

First one was a box with a book full of pix of the place they make the new Cayenne, and some pix of the car..

So I think "big deal.. just another fast tall sports car, and it doesn't even look good!"

2nd Box I got have a book that's 128 pgs and a vedio...

After reading the book.. I am amazed..

If I have the money.. the only thing stoping me from getting the Cayenne would be it's a 5 seater.. not 7 like our X..

Cayenne Turbo does 0 to 60 in 5.2 sec it's a 4.5 liters 450 hp 460 lb-ft torque with 18 in wheels and optional 19 ad 20's.. that's just the start of it..
it has a computer system that contrals the level of the car.. which goes from 6.2 in ground clearance to 10.7 in... it is speed and road sesentive.. it also have the rain sencor, and the "real" bose system.. bi-Xenon headlight which turns as u go, with a self cleaning system..
A lot more then I thought..
Now.. I just want to know how much is it..
(not like I have the money anyways heh)
:2:

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
TYP said:

.....Now.. I just want to know how much is it..
(not like I have the money anyways heh)
:2:
According to Car & Driver (Jan. 02003 edition) base price for the Porsche Cayenne is $56665-$89665.

Zero to 62 mph....5.6-7.2. (faster time is for the turbo version):6:

·
Registered
76 Posts
wow

before watching the video I had thought to myself why would I ever want a porsche SUV. MY MY, the video makes the Porsche SUV look like a porsche and a Range Rover have melted together and have come up with this SUV. Awesome!!!!:4:

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'd be really concerned about the "snob factor" with ownership of one of these. Not that I can afford it anyway. Even with BMW cars you get jerks that just have to cut you off on the road, key your paint, dent your doors on purpose, and otherwise show jealousy or prove they are superior or whatever they are doing. And SUVs in general have to endure the semi-unfair gas guzzler, anti-environmental thing, so a Porsche SUV might be about the worst of both worlds. The VW Tour-egg version might be a more "practical" choice, overall.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yeah, I also got the video and the booklet about the Cayenne. That is a very nice SUV. To me it reallys does mean sport utility vehicle as it does everything well. That would be a truck that can replace two cars in the garage (truck and sports car). Too bad the price range is way out of my league. And as many people say, you can't afford it if you have to ask how much it is. So, when I went to the Porsche dealership I just pretended that I own the place.:D

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
For PORSCHE pricewill probably least of the problems...

I saw some very depressing stats about income and assets the other day. Basically it looked at the numbers of folks who were in the upper reaches of "wealth" as measured by both income & assets, the top 10%. This is the group that even during the BOOM side of the stock market did not see huge increases in its ranks. When one measures how much of the total wealth of the USA is in their hands during the BUST side of the the post-internet bubble, it is a huge fraction -- upwards of 40%.

People at this level have NOT seen their income go down, and their asset base is still very much intact, declining far less than the decline in the S&P index, which is a bench mark for folks with substantial assets in the stock market AND was unfortunately the basis for much of the NEXT 20%'s 401K fueled 'asset base' (paint me in this unlucky group...)

Porsche has literally HUNDREDS of thousands of potential households in that top 10% that could afford the Cayenne -- unfortunately I'm not one of them...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Then I can't wait till I can afford one, until then I will let my wife drive the MDX and I will wait till next year to drive my VW Touareg:1:

·
Registered
619 Posts
are u guys serious.:confused:

lest see for $90k + luxury tax, i would rather get.

1. 2003 MDX T+N - $41K.
2. 2003 Accord LX- 4 cylinder(Daily Driver) - $19k
3. 2003 S2000 - $32K, or used Boxster for left over change.

or

1. 2003 MDX T+N.
2. BMW 540i 6 spd.

or

1. MDX
2. Porsche Boxster S(stripped)

or

i could on forever.:D

i other words the pepper;) ain't hot enuff for me!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
If we had porsche kind of money, I dont think we would be having a conversation which Honda or Acura we could buy and what we would do with the change. If we could have have purchased the Range Rover intially and not made the best purchase money can buy today(MDX)we all would have different SUV's in our driveways!!!:p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts