Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed in my 2008 MDX, the FM radio reception is fairly poor. I get static or dead spots in certain area of the city that I drive daily. This didn't happen in my other car, so I notices it with the MDX right away. I also did a search but most of the post go back a few years, but never with any kind of solution.

Does anyone have the same problem, and has come up with a diy fix? Or just live with it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 07 MDX is doing the same. When the vehicle was under warranty (2-3 years ago), i reported this same issue. They ultimately replaced the antenna and it was good for a while. Back to the same poor reception now. It seems to be worse in the summer heat which leads me to think the sun/heat is warping the antenna and/or solder connections... Not sure what i'm gonna do now that the warranty is done. :-(

·
Registered
34 Posts
I’ve read a post awhile ago while trying to find a solution, that the problem lies between the antenna and the nut inside the car that holds it on??? Supposedly the ground is very weak or restricted. I believe I read that the poster made a raw connection by sanding down the area to create a metal to metal ground connection and his problems were solved?

I’ve learned to live with the patchy radio signal but might try this if or when I get motivation lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts