Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Polished concrete floors

625 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Age 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm looking for experiences with polished concrete floors. This is where diamond grinders are used to polish a slab up to 1,500-3,000 grit. My slab will be post-tensioned, so surface cracking should be minimal. I plan to have saw cuts 1/8" deep on a 3-4' grid to give a simulated tile look and also hopefully control any surface cracks. We'll also have the surface colored.

So far, I have received 2 quotes. One contractor will polish the slab before any framing is installed, and put down a protectant layer of some kind. His price is $5 per sf.

The other wants all the walls in place before he will polish. Unfortunately this will mean the edges will have to be hand-polished concrete washington dc, which he says won't be uniform with the rest of the floor. He will put in a border around each wall to conceal this (which I am not too crazy about). His price is $7 per sf.

I'm still looking for other vendors.

Anyone have any experiences with polished concrete they could share?

#2 ·
I'm looking for experiences with polished concrete floors. This is where diamond grinders are used to polish a slab up to 1,500-3,000 grit. My slab will be post-tensioned, so surface cracking should be minimal. I plan to have saw cuts 1/8" deep on a 3-4' grid to give a simulated tile look and also hopefully control any surface cracks. We'll also have the surface colored.

So far, I have received 2 quotes. One contractor will polish the slab before any framing is installed, and put down a protectant layer of some kind. His price is $5 per sf.

The other wants all the walls in place before he will polish. Unfortunately this will mean the edges will have to be hand polished, which he says won't be uniform with the rest of the floor. He will put in a border around each wall to conceal this (which I am not too crazy about). His price is $7 per sf.

I'm still looking for other vendors.
wirthfloor
Anyone have any experiences with polished concrete they could share?
thanks in advance for any help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.