Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

It's been a while. Wifes 06 MDX got t-boned and totaled last year. She is now in a 14 fwd. Much better mpg, handling and drivability.

I need a recommendation for a good forum to get some 06 Accord info.

Our daughter's 06 Accord needs attention and I want to research an economical and reliable repair since she is off to her first year of college. Many of you, like me, have had Honda's before we could upgrade to an Acura so somebody has probably had this issue.

06 Accord EX 4 door, 200k miles, 4 cyl, auto. is kind of weak and gets poor mpg. Highway miles and proper Honda service by previous owner. Auburn to Montgomery Al I-85 round trip of about 90 miles at 70 mph with a little bit of other driving around netted about 20 mpg. We keep up with all fill ups and record trip miles per tank and manually calculate mpg so I have a running history of the 3 years that we had it. Chevron or Costco fuel. A quick scan reveals this is about average in high school suburban and interstate driving. 20 mpg interstate with me driving is not good so time to fix it. Newer tires are about 44 front since tire max is 51 psi for best mpg and wear pattern.

She has always fussed about it being weak also.

New O2 sensors on my 02-05 chevy trucks make a 1-2 mpg improvment when they get 80-100k miles on them. I do not know if these have been changed or not but I suspect those and new plugs may help some.

My biggest concern is a plugged catalytic converter. I have friends at the dealership so I feel that I get a fair deal on parts and repairs. Should I take it to them to have a diagnostic run on it before I do anything?

If the cat is bad, are there aftermarket cats and exhaust to give her a little better sound and performance over stock?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm on Driveaccord.net as I daily drive a 1999 Accord, where they have a section dedicated for the 7th gen Accords (MY 03-07). Its a family friendly form too.

Yes, there are plenty of Cat-back exhaust systems out there for the 7th gens, as they are supposed to be more orientated for performance (hence the goddess of all accords, the 6-6 sedan).

Do you have a list of repairs done to the car. Few members on DA will get on you seriously on the basic important services.

Hopes this helps!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

That will give me a place to start. I'll make sure I give a good history.

I have an 04 Duramax so I am always on the truck forum reading about that money pit.

My wife would like her 14 MDX to have to have a little more growl like her 06 did.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts