Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are having a hard time trying to figure out what side steps we want for our redrock x. I've seen the red with black and think it looks nice but I would like to see the OEM chrome before I buy. Can someone post or point me to a photo?

Thanks,
Bnuke

·
Registered
83 Posts
Bnuke, I'm in the same quandry over my Havasu blue. I like the new chrome ones, but since I have the blk formfit hood deflector and black mud flaps all-round, I'm thinking maybe the black side steps would pull the car together more? :rolleyes:

lilypad

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went with the black sidesteps. I ordered them from Tim and they look great! It took about an hour to install them both.

FWIW, I think that the black sidesteps would look great with the blue.

Bnuke

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm kinda thinking that too bnuke. Thanks for the input!

lilypad

·
Registered
83 Posts
Very nice Wayne! Guess the X looks great either way! Thanks for the pic. :D lilypad

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yes!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I don't think the pictures do justice to the improvement in appearance/sportiness provided by the chrome side steps. Wife and I REALLY like the looks . The chrome, in conjunction with other chrome trim on the car plus polished aluminum wheels, provide a nice contrast to the deep red of the Redrock Pearl. I'm still not used to entry/exit gymnastics with the step in place (which for me usually means stepping over the step), but the kids plus grandparents appreciate them.

-Wayne

1 - 11 of 11 Posts