Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
641 - 651 of 651 Posts

·
Registered
2018 MDX Advance SH-AWD Black Copper Pearl/Espresso
127 Posts
First timer here! Picked up a 2019 MDX SH-AWD with Tech package 30k miles a few weeks back. Window tint front to match rears and 50% Windshield tint.
50% windshield tint? Is that even legal? How do you see clearly at night? Can't be safe...

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Any other mods other than window tint?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Any other mods other than window tint?
No other ‘mods’ done as yet…..other than the sunroof wind deflector.
I’m look into:
swapping out the tailpipes to maybe something carbon fiber-ish (need to measure the diameter of the exhaust pipe)
painting or installing brake caliper covers (Need to verify clearance)
installing a sub and sub amplifier (researching how to do this)
adding A-spec ghost lights to the rear doors (awaiting part)
adding A-Spec logo valve stem caps (awaiting parts)

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
I did the G2 caliper paint on Amazon, $67, for all 5 of pervious/current Acura's. It will last a lifetime and brake dust doesn't accumulate on it like unpainted OEM calipers. I started using it with my 06 TSX because accumulated brake dust made the OEM calipers look extremely dirty and had rusty look after +75,000 miles. I found a brake shop in town that did the paint job for $20 per caliper.

Make sure you purchase extra valve stem caps because you might find a few missing on occasion (either from kids that are Acura fans or maint bay workers that forget to put them back when checking PSI).

19 MDX with 20" OEM Berlina gloss black rims, OEM black lugs, OEM black wheel lock, Acura logo valve stem cover, and red G2 painted calipers:
Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice..............I usually use high temp engine paint to paint my brake calipers.
But I will have to try that stuff from Amazon as you suggested.

I do have a set of carbon fiber look valve stem caps on my vehicle now (which I will use as back-ups if the A-Spec caps get "borrowed" from me without my consent. :)
I saw some wheel center caps with the Acura logo in carbon fiber...........need to verify that the CF center caps will fit the stock wheels (I figure the dark grey of the wheel would match the CF center cap logos nicely)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am picking up my new purchase tomorrow. Its 19 MDX Advance. I like the colors combination and looking forward for driving it for a while. I will be adding splash guards , rear bumper chrome protector and the roof bars.

Attachments

641 - 651 of 651 Posts