Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
621 - 640 of 651 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here is my white monster…2019 Hybrid - Tech Pkg. Was Quoted 1200 for the chrome delete…so I expend 300 and decided to learn a new skill 😂. ( lots of patches, please don’t zoom in 😂🤣)

-Vinyl wrapped all chrome around the doors,
-Dipped the emblems. (Duplicolor spray was 💩.
-Wrapped grill and Acura circle.
-Wrapped chrome: lower bumper, under grill, under doors, under tailgate, & between taillight’s.

need ideas for exhaust port…dipped? Or wrapped?

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Sky Tire Vehicle

Grille Automotive tire Hood Car Vehicle

Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car

Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Tire Sky

Sky Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive side-view mirror Automotive side marker light

Hand Plant Drinkware Automotive tire Gesture

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
I love the blacked out chrome look. I did the same to my Fathom Blue Pearl 19 hybrid 3 years ago with plastics dip out all the chrome. I did plastic dip around the exhaust tips and it has been holding up perfectly for +3 years.

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light

Reactions: JTM and DidoMucy

·
Registered
5 Posts
How did you blacked out the emblem with black paint .. then tape around them remove the tape .
I used the Duplicolor spray vinyl wrap, it works like plastick dip. You just pull the overspray and pick around the emblems with a thootpick to remove excess. My can of duplicolor was garbage and kept shooting droplets instead of a fine mist. I bought it because it says gloss black and that would have looked better than matte, but it wasn't a good product.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I love the blacked out chrome look. I did the same to my Fathom Blue Pearl 19 hybrid 3 years ago with plastics dip out all the chrome. I did plastic dip around the exhaust tips and it has been holding up perfectly for +3 years.

View attachment 120639
View attachment 120640
[/QUOte
Thanks for the advise.I did it yesterday!
Car Automotive tail & brake light Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Looks damn good! Brothers from a different mother...

Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Cloud Sky

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

I did the same chrome delete and badge delete on my RLX hybrid:
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
28 Posts
First timer here! Picked up a 2019 MDX SH-AWD with Tech package 30k miles a few weeks back. Window tint front to match rears and 50% Windshield tint. Smartliner Floor Mats installed. Other things on the horizon, hitch (some light single axel trailering for mulch, etc.) as well as upgrading stock audio amplifier from Phantom Audio (Acura specific; Shop By Car - Acura - MDX - Page 1 - Phantom Audio)

Pics are fresh wash, clay bar and polish (I run a small detailing business on the side. Fort Wayne, IN if anyone is interested).

Thanks!

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2018 Acura MDX Advance SH AWD
110 Posts
First timer here! Picked up a 2019 MDX SH-AWD with Tech package 30k miles a few weeks back. Window tint front to match rears and 50% Windshield tint. Smartliner Floor Mats installed. Other things on the horizon, hitch (some light single axel trailering for mulch, etc.) as well as upgrading stock audio amplifier from Phantom Audio (Acura specific; Shop By Car - Acura - MDX - Page 1 - Phantom Audio)

Pics are fresh wash, clay bar and polish (I run a small detailing business on the side. Fort Wayne, IN if anyone is interested).

Thanks!

View attachment 120819 View attachment 120820
Looks good! I have the advance with 10 speakers (I think it's 10), the mid and high frequencies are excellent, the sub is really lacking. My 08 Mazda CX-9 Bose factory sub was much better. Will be interesting to see your upgrades for audio.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Looks good! I have the advance with 10 speakers (I think it's 10), the mid and high frequencies are excellent, the sub is really lacking. My 08 Mazda CX-9 Bose factory sub was much better. Will be interesting to see your upgrades for audio.
Right on! Yes, mine also has the 10 speaker ELS package, including the 8 inch sub in the back. I'm not going to touch the speakers or sub knowing Acura uses a DSP with numerous channels, etc....hoping to just upgrade the amp as well as simply add a under seat powered subwoofer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Right on! Yes, mine also has the 10 speaker ELS package, including the 8 inch sub in the back. I'm not going to touch the speakers or sub knowing Acura uses a DSP with numerous channels, etc....hoping to just upgrade the amp as well as simply add a under seat powered subwoofer.
Where are you located? I have a new in box Kenwood powered subwoofer that I won’t use (thought I could put it in my car but it’s too big of a project for me lol). Nice ride!

621 - 640 of 651 Posts