Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
601 - 620 of 651 Posts

·
Registered
2018 MDX Advance SH-AWD Black Copper Pearl/Espresso
127 Posts
No actually live in CT. Bought this car at a local Acura dealer. One of the several things I like about this MDX are the rims for that year. Had the '17 MDX and although rims were nice they were a bit smaller.
That's definitely not a stock rim (at least in the US) and US models never came with headlamp washers. It's possible it originated in Canada and was imported at some point.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Excited to finally join the club. Took a few months to find one in the exact color I wanted. White with black interior was tough for me to find so i had to be patient. Originally wanted an advance trim but settled with a 19' tech.

View attachment 119849
Beautiful White tech there.

Have it in Blue.

Waiting to add LED fog lights on mine.

Had the '18 Pilot and the drive, comfort level with Acura wow miles apart.

·
Registered
2018 Acura MDX Advance SH AWD
110 Posts
Excited to finally join the club. Took a few months to find one in the exact color I wanted. White with black interior was tough for me to find so i had to be patient. Originally wanted an advance trim but settled with a 19' tech.

View attachment 119849
Looks like mine. Ps, if you don't need a front plate, what I did is remove this plate holder and installed stainless screws and painted the screw heads with touchup paint. I first used a Dremel to take down the plastic that was pulled forward around the original screw holes so that the new screws sit flat.
Car Vehicle Grille Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Grey Circle Wood Metal Monochrome photography

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks like mine. Ps, if you don't need a front plate, what I did is remove this plate holder and installed stainless screws and painted the screw heads with touchup paint. I first used a Dremel to take down the plastic that was pulled forward around the original screw holes so that the new screws sit flat. View attachment 119995
View attachment 119996
Looks like mine. Ps, if you don't need a front plate, what I did is remove this plate holder and installed stainless screws and painted the screw heads with touchup paint. I first used a Dremel to take down the plastic that was pulled forward around the original screw holes so that the new screws sit flat. View attachment 119995
View attachment 119996
Nice. Will consider that. I’m still waiting to get plates since it was recently just purchased.

·
Registered
2016 MDX
19 Posts
I should have done more research. Can't believe our 16 doesn't have Navigation.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I did a thing this past weekend! Excited to be joining the club with my new 2018 w/ Tech.
I have a TLX in fathom blue/gray interior. It's a great color combination; you'll love it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I should have done more research. Can't believe our 16 doesn't have Navigation.
If want in-dash nav you should get something like a grom or vline. Apple Carplay and Android Auto are way better than the OEM navigation.

·
Registered
2016 MDX
19 Posts
Apple Carplay and Android Auto are way better than the OEM navigation.
I would agree. Our TSX nav is so outdated, but I'm not spending $100 to update it. I would like to throw Waze onto this display. I might need to look into what you said about Grom and Vline.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Looks like mine. Ps, if you don't need a front plate, what I did is remove this plate holder and installed stainless screws and painted the screw heads with touchup paint. I first used a Dremel to take down the plastic that was pulled forward around the original screw holes so that the new screws sit flat.
If you're a DIY-er and really want the spots to disappear, use some bondo filler then paint and polish the spots.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I would agree. Our TSX nav is so outdated, but I'm not spending $100 to update it. I would like to throw Waze onto this display. I might need to look into what you said about Grom and Vline.
I have a 2015 and won't pay for a nav update. I use a HVAC vent phone mount even though I have the in-dash nav, so even the cost of an aftermarket carplay adapter like Grom is questionable, especially if I'd want to trade in the car eventually.

·
Registered
2016 MDX
19 Posts
@Icculus , we don't use NAV enough for it to be an issue. While I like GROM, I can't see spending that much for something that may not even get used. We know where we are going 90 percent of the time, so I think it would be a waste.

601 - 620 of 651 Posts