Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

501 - 507 of 507 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thank you very much! And thanks for the tips. I hadn't considered lining the edge with vinyl. I had played with plastidip on my Mini a lot and I had an issue with the driver's door handle peeling at the edges which is why I avoided it this time, but that might be the best solution. I recently heard about a product called Dip Coat which supposedly acts as a protective layer for the plastidip making it easier to clean and tougher against the elements, but I haven't tried it for myself.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Last Friday I installed an eTrailer hitch and wiring harness. Painless install. Took 30 minutes total and only had to lower the spare. Although it doesn't look as integrated as the Acura hitch, I am happy with the results.

In other news, last week my company closed our Long Beach headquarters and asked me to relocate to our build site in New Mexico. Short notice, yes, but it definitely felt like a great opportunity. My partner and I stuffed our essentials in our cars and hit the road yesterday. We could have towed our furniture with a rented trailer and my new hitch, but decided it wasn't worth it.

The drive out to Las Cruces was uneventful, especially given the fewer cars that are out on the road these days. I averaged 26.4 mpg for the ~780 mile drive. Not bad considering a loaded car, headwinds, long grades, and 75mph average speed. Our CX-5 was following the MDX and got 31 mpg for the trip, but the smaller fuel tank meant we had to stop and refill it more often (not a bad thing since the X's windshield was getting caked with bugs too big for the washers to clear). Up next on the agenda: a much needed car wash and a B12 service.

Stay safe out there, MDXers!

Jeff

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Welcome to New Mexico. I'm just up the road in Albuquerque. I think the closest Acura dealership is in El Paso, TX. Getting a clear bra comes in handy because of sandy conditions and +75 mph hwy speeds if you are going to do a lot road trips back/forth to CA. I would even double-check your auto insurance on no/low deductible windshield replacement because you will get a crack windshield eventually.

Reactions: jefferson88

·
Registered
1 Posts
2014 Acura MDX Tech/Ent

My wife and I just picked up our MDX this afternoon at the dealership. We got the Technology and Entertainment package in Forest Mist Metallic/Eucalyptus color combination. We had a bunch of accessories installed. Hope these photos help those who are still deciding which accessories to get for their MDX.
I just picked up a 15 with the same color with the eucalyptus interior. Question is, what color is the dash? I think it's a dark brown but maybe it's my eyes as a buddy of mine says it's black. Lol any help would be greatly appreciated.

John

501 - 507 of 507 Posts