Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

481 - 494 of 494 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Nice pick up! Can't tell if your 17 MDX is Black or Fathom Blue (leaning towards Black)?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fathom Blue. I look at it a few times a day and think this is a great color, and others times thinking it’s a bit feminine. But either thought still comes out the same thinking I grabbed a great car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
To MrGold:
I had a ‘06 TSX manual and still miss that car. Drove it from mile 2 until 145k until I had to sell it for a SUV in 2015.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Fathom Blue. I look at it a few times a day and think this is a great color, and others times thinking it’s a bit feminine. But either thought still comes out the same thinking I grabbed a great car.
My MDX is Fathom Blue Pearl also. Love the dark color with the graystone interior. Wasn't too crazy about all the chrome pieces and found a someone in town to plastic dip and black out the chrome. It is just the headlights and the Acura symbols that are still chrome on my MDX.

Before and after Pics (also added black lug nuts after these pics):

·
Registered
24 Posts

Bought it yesterday. 2017 SHAWD Base. CPO with 21,000 miles. Averaged 28.6 mpg (indicated) on my 120 mile drive back from the dealer. I know the indicated number is optimistic compared to calculated mileage (fuel used/distance traveled) but I'm still very pleased

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Nice X-mas gift! A little jealous with the greenery and bright blue sky.

I find the MDX a very good hwy vehicle and almost drives itself with Acurawatch on. I like using the LKAS and ACC to maintain my intervals and get light steering inputs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice. The only thing I dislike so far with my "new" 2017 SHAWD is the bad gas mileage. Driving my kids to school and some errands, I am barely touching the 18mpg. I debated between so many ECU Performance chips to believe they are all BS - and bought a PedalCommander. The PedalCommander actually does work (had it for 2 days) but not sure if it will save me the mpg I am hoping for. 28 more days until I need to decide the keep it or return it, but either way I will be buying Ktuner when they make it for the '17 MDX.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
The only way I can think of that will give you 24-28 city mpgs is the +17 MDX hybrid. The +17 MDX Hybrid Adv has only two 2nd row captains chairs if you need bench seating for kids. Another downside with the hybrid is no towing; except, hitch mounted bike or cargo carrier. Lowest I've seen with my hybrid in city was 22-23 mpg and I usually average 25-26 mpg. The hybrid and 3.5L usually get the same hwy mpgs.

The +18 MDX Hybrids added Carplay and updated touchscreen.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
The front door logo projectors are the Acura OEM logo projectors. These are dealers installed at the time of purchased and not plug-n-play like the Amazon versions. I didn't know that OEM Acura was that much (wife wanted them) and would have gone with Amazon compared to the cost of the OEM version. I now have a mix of OEM and Amazon. I'm fine with that because the mix logo projectors are 10X better than the weak puddle lights.

Pretty much a 20 minute job to switch them out:
  • Pop out the old puddle lights with thin flat head screw driver,
  • not necessary; but, I found it easier to pop off the gray cover to press the release clip to disconnect the puddle light wire with the same screwdriver (puddle light wire is very short)
  • I had to adjust the two metal connection prongs down a bit for max contact within the logo projector wire connector
  • used small needle nose pliers to hold the wire connector steady when I connected to Amazon logo projector
  • if you don't get the logo light, readjust the two metal prongs down a bit more for better contact
  • snap back into housing
Amazon, Patricon 4-pack Car Door LED Logo for Acura, $23:

·
Registered
3 Posts
My MDX is Fathom Blue Pearl also. Love the dark color with the graystone interior. Wasn't too crazy about all the chrome pieces and found a someone in town to plastic dip and black out the chrome. It is just the headlights and the Acura symbols that are still chrome on my MDX.

Before and after Pics (also added black lug nuts after these pics):

View attachment 113988
View attachment 113989
What kind of rims are those?

That's such a nice color btw.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
What kind of rims are those?

That's such a nice color btw.
The rims are the Acura option 20" Gloss Black Berlina 20X8 rim. Kinda wishing I went for the A-Spec 20X8.5 gunmetal rims instead.

I did the same Chrome delete on the wife's 18 RLX hybrid.

481 - 494 of 494 Posts