Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

461 - 477 of 477 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Decided to come back to Acura after a few years. Owned a 2012 TL SH-AWD. Just picked up a new MDX A-Spec SH-AWD. Pretty nice ride. Brought it home from the dealership and stripped it down to the base coat. Applied ceramic coating on whole exterior and interior for protection.

Corey
2016 BMW 428ix Gran Coupe
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
2019 Acura MDX A-Spec

·
Registered
8 Posts
Decided to come back to Acura after a few years. Owned a 2012 TL SH-AWD. Just picked up a new MDX A-Spec SH-AWD. Pretty nice ride. Brought it home from the dealership and stripped it down to the base coat. Applied ceramic coating on whole exterior and interior for protection.

Corey
2019 Acura MDX A-Spec
Nice! I need to do the same thing on mine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Especially since Lucille has that beautiful black finish, I would recommend protecting the paint as soon as you are able to. Trust me, I also have a black BMW 4 Series that has been a struggle to keep scratch and swirl free since she was new. Ceramic coating has been a huge help, especially with maintenance washes.

Corey
2019 Acura MDX A-Spec

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Ceramic coating, paint protective film, and hand washing are the best ways to reduce damage to thin Acura paints. I ended up getting several noticeable chips on my front hood of 19 MDX waiting for my PPF appointment just driving 15 mins on the hwy. The Acura paints now seems to incur more damage from debris compared to my 06 TSX or 08 RDX.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I agree with you on how soft the paint seems to be. I bought a new Jeep last Halloween and opted for PPF on the entire front end (not from the dealership), then ceramic coated the rest of the truck including rims. PPF is great but very expensive, so I decided against it on my MDX. My biggest concern will be all the black trim on the A-Spec, as that is the easiest to scratch... the A-pillars, front and rear trim and baffles, and the rear spoiler.

Corey
2019 Acura MDX A-Spec

·
Registered
32 Posts
Carpro UK 3.0 is the ceramic coating I’ve used on several cars now. The hard part is not applying the coating, it’s all the prepwork you have to do beforehand. Right after I brought my MDX home, I stripped the whole truck of any wax, then decontaminated the paint, clayed all surfaces, did a polish with Carpro Essence, then finally got to apply the coatings. Exhausting work, but worth it if I get a couple years of good protection.

461 - 477 of 477 Posts