Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

21 - 40 of 516 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Finally pulled the trigger, got our 14 MDX Advance yesterday, Fathom Blue Pearl. Stu at Ramsey really went the extra mile to find it for us. Love it so far, big step up from 05!!

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Finally pulled the trigger, got our 14 MDX Advance yesterday, Fathom Blue Pearl. Stu at Ramsey really went the extra mile to find it for us. Love it so far, big step up from 05!!
I'm not normally a fan of the blue, but that's very nice looking. Congratulations.

Let us know if you have any good interior shots, I'm interested in how the interior colors look in the real world vs Acura's marketing materials.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Graphite Tech with Zaino

Here's a couple pics of my new Graphite Luster/Graystone Tech. I picked it up 4 weeks ago but just now had time to apply the first coat of Zaino. Check out the shine on the hood - it looks like a mirror. :29:

Attachments

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'd love to hear more impressions in the differences from 05 as an 05 owner.
Wow, so different! It's the same in name only. I know there's been a lot of griping about cheap materials or things that don't work right, but to me it feels like a real luxury car and the technology is extremely sophisticated—not perfect, but has so many advances and personalization options. There is a rather large ramp up to learn how it all works—I deal with design programs all day long, so I understand computer language and usability, but this takes some time to become familiar with. The ride and handling is fantastic. I loved my 05, but this is definitely a big step up.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
2014 is Great

I agree with td284. I had an '01, which I'm sure wasn't as nice as the '05 & the difference is amazing. I loved the '01 & kept it for nearly 11 years - longer than any car I've had. I hated getting rid of it last year, but it needed work & at the time I needed a car with better mpg. We traded both of our SUVs last year & hated the Highlander (very uncomfortable seats; no memory seats; & 2nd row seat was a joke - should have just put in 2 captains chairs). No way 3 people fit in it when there's a car seat or 2.

My wife missed the power retracting steering wheel from her Lexus, but didn't miss anything else about the RX, except the smaller size. We decided to bite the bullet & not live with a SUV we hated (Highlander) & came back to the MDX. We considered the RDX since we don't use the 3rd seat but once or twice a year, but no AC in the back was a deal killer & we both loved the MDX.

I have read the "What do you hate about the MDX" threads & yes there are things I would like to have but every car has things you wish were different & this model MDX is the best vehicle I have owned so far.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Had a 3M Clear Bra installed, Full Hood, bumper, Headlights, Side Mirrors, Door Cups. Cant tell a difference unless you are trying to find it. Really Happy with the way it turned out.

Acura Dealer Install Quote - 12 Inch Hood + Front Bumper+ Mirrors = $700 + Tax
3M Authorized dealer Quote (same guy that does the install for the Acura Dealer) - Full Hood + Front Bumper + Head Lights + Mirrors = $750 + Tax

·
Registered
17 Posts
Our family just picked up a new 2014 MDX w/ Tech package today! We had the deal all set up yesterday, $514/month with the oil change maintenance and 15k miles for 36 months. After driving it today, I am very impressed with it, although I do not like how extremely light the steering in comfort mode is. I think I'll probably keep in in Sport every time I drive it.

Anyways, here are some pics!

·
Registered
56 Posts
My wife and I just picked up our MDX this afternoon at the dealership. We got the Technology and Entertainment package in Forest Mist Metallic/Eucalyptus color combination. We had a bunch of accessories installed. Hope these photos help those who are still deciding which accessories to get for their MDX.
I just got the graphite Luster and am deciding on whether or not to add the front and rear sport bumper. Im just wondering if it will be too much or look kinda out of place.

what are peoples thoights on the sport bumpers? Thanks

·
Registered
227 Posts
I just got the graphite Luster and am deciding on whether or not to add the front and rear sport bumper. Im just wondering if it will be too much or look kinda out of place.

what are peoples thoights on the sport bumpers? Thanks
Here my thoughts in general on the sport trims ...

- Front trim looks good on most all exterior colors, but especially on the darker exterior colors. It matches the aluminum look on the Acura band in the grille. In the lighter exterior colors I would be tempted to not add the front trim because it breaks up the darker lower theme and the nice contrast with the fog lamps/dark blanks in the lower bumper as well.
- in general rear trim does not look as good IMHO, but you can maybe get away with it moreso on the lighter exterior colors. The problem in my eyes is that the aluminum color does not match anything on the rear of the vehicle with other trim being chrome.

I am buying a black MDX and am adding the front trim but not the rear trim. I would do the same with Graphite Luster. If I were buying a lighter exterior color I would likely skip both trims. I would consider the front trim if I were purchasing silver however, but still likely leave it off.

Just one person's opinion.

·
Registered
56 Posts
very good points! I agree with your thoughts on the rear. it doesnt match anything else. The chrome accents are just that shiny chrome. The rear bumper is more of a silver matte that looks somewhat out of place! Strong call!

Whats the dealer charging you for front bumper install?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have got to stop looking at these pictures. I'm getting new MDX fever. They sure do look good when they are shinning and new.

21 - 40 of 516 Posts