Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Could you please help me out. My wife is doing a research project for school and she needs to write a report on the consumer decision process. If you could answer the following questions, that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

-----
QUESTIONNAIRE

Objective: To characterize the consumer decision process. To determine customers’ needs and wants and how they go through the decision process in a high involvement setting.

1. Have you ever shopped for car before? (Terminate if answer is No)

2. Thinking about the most recent time, what was your reason(s) for shopping for a car?

3. Was your notion to buy a new car a necessity?

4. What kind(s) of research, if any, did you do while shopping for a car?

5. Did you consider any alternatives instead of buying a car? If so, name them.

6. What kinds of features or attributes were important to you? Please name all.

7. Approximately how long did it take you to make your decision?

8. If you purchased the car, what were some of the factors that convinced you to make the purchase?

9. Who were the buyer, payer, and user of the car?
(Buyer being the one who shopped and made the decision to buy the car; payer being the one who paid for the car; and the user being the one who benefited from the purchase of the car.)

10. Were you satisfied with your purchase? Why or why not?

11. What car did you buy?

12. Age?
a. 18-24
b. 25-29
c. 30-34
d. 35-39
e. 40-44
f. 45-49
g. 50-54
h. 55+

13. Annual household income?
a. Under $25,000
b. $25,000-$35,000
c. $35,000-$45,000
d. $45,000-$55,000
e. $55,000-$65,000
f. $65,000-$75,000
g. $75,000+

Please answer the last two questions only if the last car that you purchased was an Acura.

14. Have you ever seen or heard of any advertisement by Acura? If so, please name the type of media (television, radio, magazines, billboards, etc.)

15. Using a rating of 1-5, how effective or convincing were the advertisement in terms of making you want to own an Acura?
5-Very effective
4-Somewhat effective
3-Neither
2-Somewhat ineffective
1-Not effective at all

16. If your answer for question #15 was 3 or below, what do you think Acura should do to improve their advertising?

17. Did any of the advertising you saw influenced your decision in any way to buy your last car? Explain.

-------

Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Edub,

First rule of customer surveys: make 'em easy to complete.

Have your wife create a free online survey here: http://www.zoomerang.com/

(moving this to the OT Forum...)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TheWorm,

Thanks for the link!
I didn't know you could do that.

*edit*
Her concern was that she didn't want to be responsible for any misuse of the respondent's information by the online survey company. She didn't want the people taking the survey to disclose any information like their e-mail to a third party. The questions are made to be open-ended to allow the respondents to answer freely and without limitations.

·
681 Posts
OK - I'll Play

QUESTIONNAIRE

Objective: To characterize the consumer decision process. To determine customers’ needs and wants and how they go through the decision process in a high involvement setting.

1. Have you ever shopped for car before? (Terminate if answer is No) Yes

2. Thinking about the most recent time, what was your reason(s) for shopping for a car? I needed more upright seating because an ankle injury made driving the car I had uncomfortable and limited me to about 100 range.

3. Was your notion to buy a new car a necessity? Yes (see above)

4. What kind(s) of research, if any, did you do while shopping for a car? A LOT!!!!!! I always do a very thorough job of research before buyng a car.

5. Did you consider any alternatives instead of buying a car? If so, name them. I looked at the Mercedes M class (briefly - very disappointed) the BMW X5 (poor low speed handling , lack of space) and the Suburu Forrester (great car, a little small for me)

6. What kinds of features or attributes were important to you? Please name all. Comfort for long range driving - what I really was looking for was the ultimate Land Yacht.

7. Approximately how long did it take you to make your decision? 3 months

8. If you purchased the car, what were some of the factors that convinced you to make the purchase? It was a fantastic vehicle and had all of the attributes I was looking for.

9. Who were the buyer, payer, and user of the car? Me
(Buyer being the one who shopped and made the decision to buy the car; payer being the one who paid for the car; and the user being the one who benefited from the purchase of the car.)

10. Were you satisfied with your purchase? Why or why not? Absolutely, the buying process was great (great dealership) and the X has lived up to my expectations in every way.

11. What car did you buy? 2001 MDX Touring & NAV

h. 55+ (just barely)

f. $65,000-$75,000

Please answer the last two questions only if the last car that you purchased was an Acura.

14. Have you ever seen or heard of any advertisement by Acura? If so, please name the type of media (television, radio, magazines, billboards, etc.) One billboard and two TV ads AFTER purchase - none before. Why advertise a vehicle that has a huge backlog of orders

15. Using a rating of 1-5, how effective or convincing were the advertisement in terms of making you want to own an Acura?
3-Neither - seen only after purchase

16. If your answer for question #15 was 3 or below, what do you think Acura should do to improve their advertising?
Why bother, they can't make them fast enough now.
17. Did any of the advertising you saw influenced your decision in any way to buy your last car? Explain. see above (14)

·
Registered
87 Posts

1. Have you ever shopped for car before? (Terminate if answer is No)

2. Thinking about the most recent time, what was your reason(s) for shopping for a car? - Needed new SUV

3. Was your notion to buy a new car a necessity? -Yes, kids=safer auto

4. What kind(s) of research, if any, did you do while shopping for a car?
-Magazines; On-line; Owner anecdotes; own two other Acuras

5. Did you consider any alternatives instead of buying a car? If so, name them. -Massive repair of current SUV

6. What kinds of features or attributes were important to you? Please name all. - Safety, Power, Fuel economy, Roominess, Low-Key prestige (Acura)

7. Approximately how long did it take you to make your decision?
- 1 month

8. If you purchased the car, what were some of the factors that convinced you to make the purchase? - See # 6

9. Who were the buyer, payer, and user of the car?
(Buyer being the one who shopped and made the decision to buy the car; payer being the one who paid for the car; and the user being the one who benefited from the purchase of the car.)-- Both partners

10. Were you satisfied with your purchase? Why or why not? --Yes. Some initial quality problems, but fixed .

11. What car did you buy? - Acura MDX

12. Age?
a. 18-24
b. 25-29
c. 30-34
d. 35-39
e. 40-44
f. 45-49 - 46
g. 50-54
h. 55+

a. Under $25,000
b. $25,000-$35,000
c. $35,000-$45,000
d. $45,000-$55,000
e. $55,000-$65,000
f. $65,000-$75,000
g. $75,000+ ---over 100,000 less than 130,000

14. Have you ever seen or heard of any advertisement by Acura? If so, please name the type of media (television, radio, magazines, billboards, etc.)
--Television, Magazine

5-Very effective
4-Somewhat effective
3-Neither -- THIS ONE
2-Somewhat ineffective
1-Not effective at all

-- Nothing. I believe Acura has become a "niche" product. Acura lacks the panache or snob appeal that the prestige Euros and other Japanese models are perceived to have. However, Acuras are well-engineered well thought-out autos that are objectively speaking on a par with it's more lusted after Euro brethern. Folks who can appreciate this purchase Acuras. In terms of prestige, Acura's have a
more conservative albeit "special" aura about them. The Acura owner is basically a well informed, insightful, and secure consumer.

17. Did any of the advertising you saw influenced your decision in any way to buy your last car? Explain. -- See above

-------

Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey.

02 vent trim, burlwood knob / 35% Madico metallic tint all around / www.Acura-TL.com sticker on rear windshield. / 3A racing 3.25" slanted exhaust tips / Fixed sagging right tailpipe / PIAA 19172 Doors and Map, 19224 reverse bulbs

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-17-2002 09:44 PM

TheWorm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Acura3
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing