Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seller is 2nd owner, bought it himself as a CPO with 26k, now selling with 89k. In the last year, Acura dealership worked on the engine (looks like a rebuild) as a result of the customer complaining about Oil light turning on even though there was enough left. During the course of his ownership, it was regularly serviced at Acura dealership for oil changes, rotations, ATF etc. (some minor repairs including the PCM/torque converter update).

This is the basic trim. He is asking $14k. Not sure how to price and where to start - the engine rebuild is throwing me off.
Please help. I am newbie so my MDX knowledge is non-existent other than the fact that they were fun to drive as compared to highlanders. :|:|:|

·
Registered
286 Posts
I would pass on this one. I got a fully loaded 2008 mdx with no accidents and 117,000 km which is around 72,000 miles earlier this year for $15000 Cdn or $11200 US. No accidents. No rust. New ADS shocks. New brake pads and rotors. Got some service records. Single owner. Always serviced at Acura. No engine issues.
Even if not everyone gets the deal i got what you listed here is way overpriced for basic trim with that kind of mileage. I would not buy it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
750 Posts
2008 mdx base with 89,000 miles = $11,340 (clean) + 1,400 (for low miles) = $12,740 auction value. If he drops his price 10%, he'll still get more than a dealer will offer him. Now over to the dealer's scheme. If the dealer can buy the vehicle at auction, for $12,740...he won't buy it as a trade-in, for the same price. He'll need to offer $1,000 less than the $12,740 and make the customer negotiate up to nearly $12,740. Now to the "rebuild with in the last year". Who paid for the rebuild on a 9 year old car and what kind of "super warranty" does the seller have? Did you see the repair bill? It could have been a $300 "oil level sensor" repair. It doesn't seem that the dealership had any responsibility on such an old vehicle.

·
Registered
84 Posts
That MDX does not worth 14k with that mileage and new engine.
2008 MDX with 89k mileage usually goes for $11-12,000.
Hope this help.

·
Registered
695 Posts
14K seems HIGH for that year to me. Regardless of engine repair...so I would look on myself.

·
Registered
286 Posts
So just for some perspective...earlier this morning I checked the local online car ad sites in the Toronto area. 2008 BASE MDX with 140,000-145,000 KM (which is around 89,000 miles) are going on average for $12,000 CDN., or $8,890 US. All of them no accident and come fully safetied/certified and emissions tested

The one I got earlier this year is a Canadian Elite model with navi, rear entertainment and sport package so ADS shocks and power tailgate. And with what I described above, it was $15,000 CDN. (or $11,200 US) with 117,000 KM or 72,000 miles.

If you are looking to spend $14,000 US, you can easily get a 2010 model of the MDX here in Canada with tech package and lower kilometers than the 143,000 (or 89,000 miles on the prospective 2008 at which you are looking).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts