Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Please give me some advise on how to deal with my windshield installer, I just had the windshield replaced on my 07 mdx, my wife picked it up so I didn't see it until I got home. But when looked at the new windshield, I found 2 dings on the roof rail trim strip of the driver side. As you can see from the attached pics, the passenger side is ok, no dings, but the driver side, it is pretty noticeable that there are 2 dings on the strip, and the rest part of the railing is not sitting very well.

I was dump, I booked 3 windshield replacements with this installer to get 60 dollars discount at the 3rd one. His quote was not the lowest, 200 bucks more than the big company after his discount, but at such a recession and good comments on the google, I was hoping he could provide some valuable services which will worth the money.

The first one he did last week is my 03 f150 truck, mdx is the 2nd one, my van will be the third one going next week. The truck is old, some seals are worn out so i cannot be picky, but after I got home, I checked the rubber around the windshield, the passenger side rubber is total loose, plus there is a bump on the top(see in the pic), tried to push it down but no luck. The installer said he will fix the rubber issue 100% when I stop by next time. It sucks because I'm living 27 km away from his location of a single trip, so at beginning I was hoping I will get everything done by 3 trips, but now you know at least I have to bring the truck back in.

That is my sad story, can you take a look at the pics and tell me if I should cancel the 3rd windshield replacement for my van and lose that 60 bucks discount? And what to do with those dings on railing? If I need to talk to this installer, what should I ask for?

I just want to be strategic, I'm new to Canada. :):)

Thanks!

F150

07 MDX

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.