Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help I have a 2010 mdx. Thursday morning it started up with no problem. Once I got out of work went to start it. It turned over but shuts off right away I tried starting it with the spare and had the same issue. The only indicator light I noticed was the green key on the dash would blink. It eventually turned over(once it was on I kept getting warning lights as in trailer stability something about emissions and transmission) I got it home and I'm back at square one. Please help has anyone else had this issue????? Thanks

·
Registered
354 Posts
1. Is the engine turning and not starting? Or,
2. Not wanting to turn and when it turns it starts?

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
The car starts up but it shuts off on its own with in secs
Keep your foot on the gas pedal, while and after starting the car.
Try this and report back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Keep your foot on the gas pedal, while and after starting the car.
Try this and report back.
Yes i did try this and it still shuts off. I was reading in the manual about the green key. It has something to do with the anti-theft system. The odd thing is Driver 1 and Driver 2 key didn't work.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Tried to push the pedal to the floor? Try to use a scanner to find out if any pending codes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll have to try with the pedal all the way to the floor. But I did try pushing it about half way and holding it in place. I'll have to see if I can get my hands on a scanner. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
354 Posts
The car starts up but it shuts off on its own with in secs
Are there any codes stored in the computer?

You need three things for the engine to start and run: FUEL, AIR, and SPARK.

Fuel is given by fuel pump and fuel regulator. Pump pressure could be low or fuel regulator is bad.
Spark or ignition is controlled by crank and cam sensors. One of them could be going bad.
Air is measured by mass flow sensor.

Before you start changing parts without knowing for sure what is happening, you need to do some troubleshooting.

Do you have the service manuals? If not, you need some help from a mechanic.

Good luck

my 2 cents.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts