Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi! Im new to the forum, and i am amazed on how so many people have modified their mdxs. Im just a girl who doesnt know much about cars & electronics, but im thinkin about putting in a playstation 2. I figure it be cool cause i can play games and watch dvds. Can anyone give me info on what i should do, and info on places where i could get it installed. I have a 2002 w/touring & Navi. Is it possible to use the navigation screen for the playstation and also use the bose sounds system that already came with the car for the sound. Any help and info is much appreciated.
Thanks a whole bunch!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for pointing me in any direction thats helpful.
I love you guys. Im so excited about modifing my MDX.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
The PS2 is a great idea and works great as well. I have one for my MDX. I use an Eclipse 7002 indash screen. I just use a temp hookup on mine. I put it behind and under the driver's seat whenever we need it. I run the wires under the mats and under the front passenger's seat to the 7002's brain. When I do not need it, unplug a couple of wires and take it in the house. I actually have not used any games but, our recent trip to Tunica was a blast. 3 movies and you are there.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How much is that 7002 indash screen and where did you purchase it at?

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
306 Posts
You can not buy the 7002 new anymore. They have replaced it with the AV5101. I got it brand new from someone who recked their car and needed cash. I have his receipt and he paid over $1200 for it and sold it to me for $500. It was still in the plastic so, I got very lucky. THe AV5101, I have seen on ebay for a little under $1,000. Eclipse being very high end, they are not cheap at all. For any quality indash screen, I would expect to pay $750-$1,000 new minimum. Used, maybe down around $500. Some Alpine CVA-1000's go for a good price. Hope this helps.

I am going to post pics tonight of my install so, be sure and check them out. Not great pics but, for just a novice, I am pretty proud of the install.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts