Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!
Just got my 2010 MDX with tech and entertainment package and wanted to keep it as stock as possible but I love a good set of wheels.. Exploring with plasti dip and I like the end result. Net up getting video on the nav screen and possibly iPhone 5 video out also.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gives it a more fresh and aggressive look. Is the Plastidip always granular and mostly flat or they offer other products? How about spraying a clear coat on it?
Thanks! Yeah there's a plasti dip clear coat, I forget the actual name. I used 2 coats of that on the plasti dip so it has a satin look to it. The more coats you apply the glossier they become. I don't like shiny hence going for the black to begin with.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think it makes the wheels look like they're really really dirty. But if you get tired of it, you can just peel it off, right? So you're not stuck with that look permanently?
Maybe it's the pic. I took the pic with my iPhone right after painting so it might look "dirty" as a result. But I love it. It does add a bit of aggression to it. Oh yeah you can peel it right off whenever you feel like. It's actually protecting my actual wheels right now.

·
Registered
569 Posts
since we are doing this....
Here is my 2012, all chrome dipped black, including lug nuts.
Here it is next to an identical (stock) one.

A few days later.

Door handles and running boards

Crappy pic, but all window trim, door handles, wheels, running boards

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.