Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe that the Zero's in size 255/60/17 will fit the stock rim. Anyone try this or consider this?

I think it would improve the looks as well as performance without having to go to the bank.

Comments?

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
I'll stick with stock untill they wear out ...

... then I will consider my options. I do not wish to make a change before they stock tires are worn to the replacement point. When that occurs I will consider all options. I think the idea of a lower profile tire has merit that I'll consider when the time comes.

A quick search using Google on "pirelli zeros" yielded some interesting results. Some of the highest rated hits were unfavorable reviews.

·
Registered
36 Posts
According to www.tirerack.com, the acceptable rim widths for the Pirelli 255/60R17 are 7-9"...our 17x6.5s are too skinny.

As for the Michelin's, I love 'em...I just put 4 of them on our Suburban. :D

Everyone have a great week!

·
Registered
206 Posts
255s on the stk 17x6.5

samk
That tires is to big for the stk wheel.
msu79gt82
I have also seen some mixed reviews about these Pirelli (scorpion zero) but have read far more positive reviews. I love this tire wheel combination so much that I am not looking forward to putting my Michelin/touring wheels back on this fall. My personal review of these tires, Absolutely Awsome.
Harry

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Michelins, which ones?

Harry and jnbsdad,

Which Michelins do you like? The stock ones on the touring?

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Stay away from P-Zeros......

....unless you want to replace your tires again in about 8,000 miles. Working for Jaguar for 5 years, I will say that while I haven't seen a stickier tire (or "tyre" as the Brits say :) ), I've also never seen a tire that wears out so fast. And a Pirelli P-Zero is expen$ive. If I remember correctly we used to pay about $230 per for the xk8 size, which was a 255/45zr17.

·
Registered
36 Posts
samk,

Yes, Michelin Cross Terrains are the ones...

I looked hard at the new Goodyear Fortera, but couldn't find enough owner feedback to feel comfortable spending about the same amount of money as the Cross Terrains on an unknown...

FWIW, we just took the Suburban w/ Cross Terrains on a 2500 mile roadtrip, and the difference in road noise alone over the OEM (Firestone) tires was amazing.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Re: Stay away from P-Zeros......

hondacuraworld said:
....unless you want to replace your tires again in about 8,000 miles. Working for Jaguar for 5 years, I will say that while I haven't seen a stickier tire (or "tyre" as the Brits say :) ), I've also never seen a tire that wears out so fast. And a Pirelli P-Zero is expen$ive. If I remember correctly we used to pay about $230 per for the xk8 size, which was a 255/45zr17.
Hello Tim
You are right on about the P-Zeros. STICKY and they go away fast.
Thats why I am running the Scorpion Zeros.:4:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts