Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Nice find.

I don’t mind the auto stop/start... but for those that can’t get used to it, this may be a welcome discovery.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
A switch could be installed inside the console to allow the feature to function normally or be permanently disabled.
I wouldn't bother using a new switch... With a simple relay you should be able to re-purpose the factory switch, effectively inverting it's function.

Auto stop/start would be "off" when you start the vehicle... Then you could still use the factory switch to toggle it on/off.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I wouldn't bother using a new switch... With a simple relay you should be able to re-purpose the factory switch, effectively inverting it's function.

Auto stop/start would be "off" when you start the vehicle... Then you could still use the factory switch to toggle it on/off.
The existing button doesn't govern the initial state of the auto start / stop function. That is set at boot up of the system, and I suspect is impossible to change. If it was a switch and had two different positions, then maybe.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
The existing button doesn't govern the initial state of the auto start / stop function. That is set at boot up of the system, and I suspect is impossible to change. If it was a switch and had two different positions, then maybe.
That seems contrary to the "fix" described over at piloteers.

They describe a yellow wire that when grounded, enables the system, and when fed 12v disables the system. The switch is what dictates that.

With a relay, you could invert the function, defaulting to 12v, and then toggle to ground when the switch is pressed.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I read the thread, seems like this fix is '16 specific, '17 Pilot owners report this fix doesn't work. I agree with another post on that thread, unless the light goes off too I'll just stick with hitting the button.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.