Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, here's a review from Cars.com that Thai posted over on the forum at www.HondaCR-V.org:

Cars.com: First Drive: 2003 Honda Pilot
Some of you may find it interesting cuz there's lots of discussion about the MDX and some nice analysis of the VTM-4 system's performance in an off-road course (set up by Honda of course :p ). I found this particular quote kind of interesting cuz I always wondered why they never put an opening glass hatch on the MDX:
At first blush, I consider it a shortcoming that the Pilot’s rear window, like that of the MDX, doesn’t open independently of the liftgate. Paluch said there were many reasons Honda didn’t pursue it. One, he said, is that the developers believe people don’t often use the feature. So the benefit was in question, and they knew the cost: hundreds of dollars per vehicle, rear styling limitations, and more than 30 pounds in heavier glass and hardware. “We didn’t give the feature up,” he said. “We chose not to include it.”
I'm assuming the comments apply equally to the MDX.

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
Rear Hatch Hooie

Soooo I would guess their excuse for the opening rear hatch on the CRV is that it is a smaller vehicle so the glass is lighter, and since it's a smaller vehicle people would use it more? :4: Methinks they protesteth too much.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts