Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this statement on the Pilot site.
*The available Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System and Honda DVD Entertainment System are separate systems that cannot be combined.
Does this mean that a Pilot canot have both the DVD video feature and NAV installed together? That could be a big problem I would suspect. If so what's the issue? Only only place to house a DVD player? Can't they put one under each front seat?

Chris

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
MGTD said:
I saw this statement on the Pilot site.

If so what's the issue?
Chris
I think that only means that if you have the DVD it can not also play on the LCD Navigation screen.

·
Registered
140 Posts
It means that you can get either the dvd entertainment system or the navi, but not both. I don't know why, but I presume it has to do with available space (or the lack thereof) in the dash.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I spoke with a Honda dealership Manager.....

..........at length about this issue. Yes, the Navigation system and DVD entertainment systems are NOT available together from the factory, however, they did tell me that they can have the original HONDA DVD ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM installed at the dealership into a Navigation equipped model.

......but, the Navigation system can only come factory-installed!. So if you want both, the only way to do this would be to buy an EX-L model with Navi and have the entertainment system installed by the dealership (don't know if all dealers will do this, but don't see any reason why they wouldn't)

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wonder if both units fit under the passenger seat? That could account for it.

Chris

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
MDX Too??

If the DVD system can be added by the dealer on a Pilot, why wouldn't this work for the MDX as well?

Ideas anyone? :confused:

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Re: MDX Too??

srpbep said:
If the DVD system can be added by the dealer on a Pilot, why wouldn't this work for the MDX as well?

Ideas anyone? :confused:
I think it is because the sunroof is in the way. MDX does not come without a sunroof, Pilot does not come with one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts