Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
I saw a couple of different versions. But as you said, it was just a teaser.

I also saw my first MDX commercial on TV.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
oh yes....

I believe Honda always show the windshield at the beginning... and uncover rest of its body while the delivery day is approaching.

Am I wrong?? :D :p :15:

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
wckrause said:

Same here. Must mean that the backlog is getting very short. Now perhaps the dealers will start being more realistic on prices to close the sale. They were at MSRP (or above at 2 dealers checked) and were totally out of line on prices for accessories when I ordered mine 20 days ago.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Haven't seen any Pilot commercials yet, but I did see a couple for the X.
It will be interesting to see how X prices change once the Pilot is released. It seems like Honda dealers are going to try and mark the Pilot up but I don't think they will get too much $$ over otherwise you can get the X!
The dealer I'm getting my X from was actually reasonable on prices (lower than acura.com installed), but I initially didn't want to hold up the car from getting out to me (I bought it from another state). Now, I'm regretting not having the base carrier and rear deflector installed :(
I guess I'll just have to do it myself and save a couple hundred bucks...I hope I won't mess them up!

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
I thought the best MDX ad was the guy calling in sick to work, and making excuses into his cell phone while exploring the wilderness.
You don't see many of them, but when you do they are enjoyable.
The other extreme are the Bowflex ads. Their products have to be really be over-priced to pay for running that same ad over and over and over again. Or they just got lots of money!

·
681 Posts
Racey Shower Add

The commercial that they are playing to death here is the one with the couple racing for the shower ....... but at least you can enjoy the "strip - tease" and it's equal opportunity whatever your gender preference.:4:
But I do like the Acura ad - even without undies.
Meep Meep

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
SonShine said:
Now, I'm regretting not having the base carrier and rear deflector installed :(
I guess I'll just have to do it myself and save a couple hundred bucks...I hope I won't mess them up!
SonShine,
What I did was order the base carrier and rear deflector (painted body color for $125 more) from Tim at www.hondacuraworld.com (lowest prices and free shipping) and then paid my dealer to install it (if you don't want to do it yourself).

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thanks - I suppose that is an option as well. I'll figure it out when I get to that point. I have a couple of friends who are pretty handy too so maybe we'll make it a project :p

·
Registered
619 Posts
wckrause said:

huh? I have been seeing MDX ads for atleast a yr, maybe longer. Then again, I probably watch more t.v. than u.:p :2:

·
Registered
619 Posts
Sonshine

is that u posting on s2ki.com. Pre-Congrats on getting your 'X. u will luv it.:D :4:

·
Registered
619 Posts
oh, i forgot to put my 2cents in about the commercial. ITS STUPID!:3: This isn't a NSX, its a SUV. who the heck wants to see a teaser for a SUV.:rolleyes: Not me.

Aside: why is it Honda makes some of the dullest car ads? The only ones that i find somewhat funny are the CR-V ads. Does it really take more money to come up with a more creative ad?:rolleyes:

ok, enuff sarcasm for now.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
For the best car ad ever, I think it's a toss-up between the Subaru Outback with the muddy bride, and the new Thunderbird out in the desert with an impromptu race.

·
Registered
166 Posts
MDXLuvr:

Yup - that's me. I thought I saw you over there as well!
We're really looking forward to getting our X. It's somewhere between here and Texas I believe...should have it by next week.

All I have to say is that all these accessories really start to add up! And I thought the S2k was expensive...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
312 Posts
I only caught the end of the Pilot commercial. It said 'see it on June 3'. Is that the official announce date? Anyone know availability date?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Pilot's have landed....

Called the 2 Honda dealers close to me: Both have the Pilot's on their premises and are being detailed. One has a Pilot in the showroom. Also, one dealer is asking MSRP + $5k. Shocking... I told the sales rep. that a MDX at MSRP would be a better buy than their asking price. I don't think that was a firm asking price. I think this dealer is just fishing.

BTW, this dealer also owns an Acura dealership which was notorious for charging above MSRP. (~4-5K above).

·
Registered
619 Posts
Re: Pilot's have landed....

MARFONG said:
Also, one dealer is asking MSRP + $5k. Shocking

BTW, this dealer also owns an Acura dealership which was notorious for charging above MSRP. (~4-5K above).
:eek: :3:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts