Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's an interesting link that an Edmunds poster put up, to a web site listing accessories for the Honda Pilot:

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/parts/extension/pilot/03pilot.htm

I'd imagine that some of these accessories are:

1) Exactly like the MDX's, though perhaps at a lower price.

2) Different (or just new) from the MDX's, but will fit the MDX.

3) Just won't work with the MDX.

4) Will be offered for the MDX (starting with the 2003 model year? Just like Acura added the body side moldings?).

Accessories of particular interest to me include the rear entertainment system, the rear view camera kit, and the backup sensor kit. All of these can be bought aftermarket but if these can be well-integrated with the MDX, that'd be great.

Also, I noticed they have a trailer hitch priced but there's no mention of coolers, either standalone or as part of a towing package -- perhaps the Pilot has those built-in, or does not need them? That would certainly help the Pilot be a better deal than the MDX as far as towing goes.

Another observation from this list -- you can see some of the ways to get the Pilot cheaper than the MDX. The electrochromatic rear-view mirror is an accessory, and so are fog lights.

Tim, do you have any info?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Nice link

Nice link, William -- it will be interesting to see what options from the pilot carry over as available MDX options maybe later this year.

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
News to me. I'm guessing that you are correct in saying that there will be a treasure trove of accessories for the Pilot. With the RSX (and MDX), Acura released it's accessory lists about 4 months prior to the vehicle's debut, the official list, that is. I'll have to call my buddies at American Hodna and see if they can give me any kind of official "heads up".

·
Registered
20 Posts
Honda Pilot roof rack

Tim,

Since you work for an Acura dealer, I thought that you could answer this question. How do I find out if the Pilot roof rack will fit on my '02 MDX? I did not order the Acura rack, mainly because barrage of compliants about it listed on this site. But the Pilot rack is just what I need. Thanks in advance for pointing me in the right direction.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Tim, any updates yet?

i found this topic very interesting, especially rearview camera and back up sensor. Tim, do you know by now if this accessories will work for 2002 mdx? Does anyone know?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Noticed the back up sensors have no disable switch the driver can reach.... PITA. I'd be it can be added to the 'X, just a question of 'is there an existing connector for power' (Which you can always add) and 'does the bumper allow the sensors to be installed'. (The latter more of an issue.)

Nice site with instructions as well.

Roof rack might work as well- seem to recall there were 6 studs on each rail.

A

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Will this stuff work with the MDX? We won't know much until they start flowing into dealerships....we've had an initial release this past week, with Honda opening up the floodgates this weekend for Monday. We're going to need some techie types to help once we can see if it's at all feasible. We never even got to answer our delay wiper question :confused:

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Backup Sensor

The Honda unit seems a bit expensive. I'd rather wait and let someone else be the guinea pig for it to see if it's worth it and if it works well. A number of folks here have installed a Poron system, for less money, and it works quite well.

·
Registered
185 Posts
will the Rear View Camera kit fit my 02 MDX

Rear View Camera Kit
Almost the same as the Just hte backup sensor for MDX...

Quantity in Basket: none
Code: 08A21-2D1-100 & 08B21-S9V-100
Price: $596.25

Shipping Weight: 3.00 pounds

Quantity:

FULL SIZE PICTURE - Suggested Retail Price $796. Available for the Navigation Model ONLY. This kit comes with the rearview camera and attachment. The camera mounts by the rear license plate, and the camera control unit is on top of the NAVI ECU under the passenger seat. When the car is shifted in reverse, the camera activates and displays a color picture of the view behind the vehicle. NOTE: This accessory is not a replacement or substitute for a rearview mirror.

·
Registered
185 Posts
at tim's honda acura world, it is even cheaper
$415..
Just click HOnda Pilot, and you will see in the list.
I think it should be compatible with MDX, just need someone to install it. Since it is an option with Pilot and dealer put that in with the Navi.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Re: Backup Sensor

wmquan said:
The Honda unit seems a bit expensive. I'd rather wait and let someone else be the guinea pig for it to see if it's worth it and if it works well. A number of folks here have installed a Poron system, for less money, and it works quite well.
I installed the unit from 12voltshop.com now for $90 and it still works great after almost a year. I do believe the camera is the best option and may still pursue an after-market unit eventually.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Re: Re: Backup Sensor

DaleB,
how does it compared to Pilot's Camera, and 03 X's Camera?
does it hook up to the Navi, and has a wide angle view?

DaleB said:

I installed the unit from 12voltshop.com now for $90 and it still works great after almost a year. I do believe the camera is the best option and may still pursue an after-market unit eventually.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts