Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, a major thank you to Tim at hondacuraworld for providing me with this complimentary cargo tray to test out and provide pics for all of my brothers and sisters here on this site. Please email me with any questions you may have and I will answer then as soon as I can.

I received the cargo tray late last week and had to wait until the wekeend to get some pics. The cargo tray is of excellent quality and the color is a perfect match with the saddle interior of the MDX. This is great since the Acura model only comes in black. The WeatherTech fit is perfect.

My cousin has the Acura one and I would recommend either one to you. The side walls on this one are great and should definitely help prevent any spill.

My one and only complaint about this excellent cargo tray as compared to the Acura one is that Acura one has cutouts for the (4) hooks on the floor of the MDX whereas the WeatherTech one covers these hooks.

Here are a series of some pics I grabbed today. Notice on the last one how the sun just came out of nowhere.

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thank you Tim

Here is my rear (fine, my MDX's rear) prepared for the mat...

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perfect Color Match

The mat comes in a rectangle box and is curled up upon arrival. I basically put it in my MDX's rear, and laid some ice tea cans on the side to hold it down. Has been a couple of hours now and it is flat and stays down by itself...

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is a close up of one of the corners. This pic shows you how high the side walls are and that it should prevent any minor spill from overflowing to the MDX's rear carpet...

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All done

Here is the final product along with my cargo cover, also purchased from the one and only Tim...

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bonus Pic

This pic has nothing to do with the WeatherTech cargo tray.

Recently changed the DVD unit in my MDX to one by Panasonic. This is one of the smallest portable units made. It plays CDr, CDRw and MP3 discs. I actually installed it in the armrest between the 2 front seats.

It is not complete. Trying to find some color matched carpet to trim the edges and hide the wires. Need a really small piece. Anyone have any???

Will post final pics once it is all done. Also have some Polk Audio dx6 for front and GNX10 subwoofer for rear. They are still int he box since it is too cold here in NY to install them. Will do so as soon as I can and post some feedback.

Quick question if anyone can help. Get little bit of humming from the DVD player. Any fixes or recommended filters? My lastunit, by Blaupunkt had no noise whatsoever. Just asking...

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
Cargo net

Mushman

Does the cargo net work with it?

rflagg

·
Registered
359 Posts
Re: Perfect Color Match

This may be a bit picky. I'm a bigger WT fan than those from Acura however, I ended up getting the tray from Acura (Tim) due to the "cutouts" for the C net. I was struggling, at the time to go with color and no cut outs (WT) or black with (Acura.) I ended up with the Acura even though I have the saddle interior. I like the ease of use for the cargo net when I have the tray in. From the pics, it looks like they're both made from same material.

BTW, the cutouts still have that lip so technically they are just not cut out but have the lip yet,

Just have to decide what to trade off if you want the tan!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I currently do not have the cargo net. I wish I could answer that question for you.

All's I can say if it requires use of the hooks on the floor of the cargo area, they are definitely covered. I am sure you could easily modify the cargo tray to handle that.

I do agree that the material of the 2 trays are very similar if not the same. Either one is a perfect choice.

I would personally choose the WeatherTech for the color match.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Hey Mushman,

What's the model of the DVD player?

·
Registered
594 Posts
How much?

Hey Tim -- How much are you going to sell these for?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The DVD is the Panasonic DVD-PV40.

I chose it for its size, ability to play MP3s.

The picture is excellent and i am able to take it out and hook it up at home. It actually comes with an AC adapter to use at home. Picked up a cigarette lighter adapter from Radio Shack for about 12 bucks and hard wired it into the car. I still use the accessory outlet in the center console for my cell phone.

Any more questions - I love to talk about the stereo system.

Mush

·
Registered
66 Posts
LCD

Do you have a separate LCD screen for this DVD player, if so, where do you mount it and how much does it cost?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have an overhead 6.8" Audiovox model which cost me about $1000 installed and includes the FM modulator and (2) wireless headphones.

I also have a Citizen 2.5" screen mounted under the coin tray. It wedges in perfectly there and I can just slide it into the storage space there so nobody can see it. It is connected to the output of the Overhead monitor so I can see whatever is on that screen.

Believe it or not, the 2.5" is pretty good size and it allows me to change DVD menus for my lil ones in the back.

I will post pics of my video setup once I get my Polk udio speakers in - just waiting for decent weather here in NY.

Please ask more, I am here to share info.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Video setup

Mushman,

For the drop down 6.8 inch screen. Is there a problem with it being too high for comfortable viewing from the second row? Just thought it could be a potential problem of the viewers getting a sore neck from lifting their heads. Also, is there a problem of viewing it at an angle from the left and right seats? Is the screen big/good enough for the third row seats?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Quick on-topic question

Just a quick on-topic question, since this thread seems to be changing to a DVD entertainment thread...

Do you think that the cargo mat could be rolled up and stored behind the 3rd row seats if they were up?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The cargo mat does not easily roll up. You justbasicaly bend it into a rolled-type shape. BUt that is fine since it goes flat right away when you put the seats down. When you do this, it takes up a lot of space behind the 3rd row seat. Note this is the same as the Acura mat.

The 6.8 inch is perfect viewing from the 3rd row. And each of the 5 rear seats have perfect viewing. Even from the sides. Bang for the buck, this is a great monitor. The Acura dealer here in Long Island even uses the same unit.

Mush

·
Registered
21 Posts
Decisions, decisions

I've already purchased the cargo net from Tim. Haven't decided on Weathertech vs. Acura vs. the one Marne has (no pics yet).

Do you suppose the cargo net is rendered useless without the hooks? Sounds like Marne's cargo tray is tan AND has the hook cutouts. Now if we could only get him to post some pics :rolleyes:

Tim, on another note, just wondering about the condition of items that are shipped--I haven't opened the box with the side steps yet but should I be worried? Not sure who put the tape on the box (the UPS guy?). I wasn't around when it was signed for.

I will open it later this week and assess damage, if any. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
another angle

Here's another shot of the box.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts