Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot add an attachment. I follow the procedure, but it doesn't work for me. The pictures are less that 100K in size and I saved them in a jpg format out of Adobe Photo Deluxe. When I view the post, the attachment is not there. Can you provide some assistance. Thanks

Col Mo:confused:

·
681 Posts
I'll Try to Help

Not sure why you are having a problem but I do have a few ideas - especially if you are using a MAC. Send me the picture(s) as an email attachment exactly as they were when you were trying to post them and I will take a look and/or post them until we figure out the problem.
email - [email protected]

Meep Meep

·
681 Posts
Troubleshooting Image Posts

First, let me say, Great Pictures! and a Great Looking X!!
I have taken the liberty of, at least temporarily, posting them for you in the Gallery forum because they were just too good not to share with the gang. But, of course it would be better to get them posted under your own log-in.
Here are some thoughts about the possible problem.
1) There is nothing wrong with your pictures, you did a great job and they are appropriately sized.
2) I don't think this was the problem but you will avoid potential problems if you always keep file names in the 8.3 format (i.e. xxxxxxxx.jpg) the name not more than eight letters and all lower case. Do not have spaces in the name, use "_" instead of the space. I have renamed your pictures accordingly.
3)There are two ways to post images at acuramdx.org. You can use the "Attach file:" function at the bottom of the text entry window and "Browse" to the location of the file on your computer. This has the advantage of actually uploading the image to the acuramdx website so that you do not have to maintain a web location of your own to house the images.
The second method (and the one I used for your images) is to use the vB code. You can get the instruction for this by clicking on the "[img]" under "Forum Rules" at the bottom of the posting entry page:
"To include a picture or graphic within the body of your message, you can simply surround the address of the image as shown here:
[imx]http://www.acuramdx.org/forums//images/logo1.gif[/imx] (I used [imx] instead of [img] here because otherwise it wouldn't show up since it would be illegal vB coding in this forum)

Note that the [url]http://[/url] part of the image URL is required for the [img] code."

Note: that the vB [img] code is not activated in all forums and as a rule you are encouraged to post pictures in the "Gallery" forum where the vB [img] or the "Attach File" method are active. If you use the vB [img] method, you must have a valid URL addressable web site where you can maintain the images.

I hope this is of some help.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
I actually have this problem about a month ago and I don't know what happened to it. The pic is supposed to be JPEG, and now my computer automatically changed it to Bitmap???? I really need help roadrunner. I couldn't post any pics anymore :( . Do you know how to avoid this from happening???

·
Registered
40 Posts
Need help to download pics?

Need instructions how to e-mail digital pictures taken of manik brush guard and tail light guard. Settings on digital camera were set at 85 kp.
Thanks.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Test of Picture

also trying to post a picture...not having any luck

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
Test of Picture

also trying to post a picture...not having any luck

Attachments

·
Registered
221 Posts
Testing

Please ignore if this works...

Not working for me either.....I will just have to finish my web server before the X comes in and post it there....

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have tried every which way to upload a jpeg file, but it just doesn't work. Has this feature been disabled, even in the Gallery?

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Resize all pics to 640 X 480.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
The board members recommend IRFANVIEW

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just resized to 640x480... size is 79.6 kb... filename adheres to xxxxxxxx.jpg... I don't have "IRFANVIEW" but I can't imagine why a JPEG file saved in Microsoft Photo Editor would not work. Any other suggestions?

(BTW, thanks for your response & assistance...)

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
JerryG said:
Just resized to 640x480... size is 79.6 kb... filename adheres to xxxxxxxx.jpg... I don't have "IRFANVIEW" but I can't imagine why a JPEG file saved in Microsoft Photo Editor would not work. Any other suggestions?

(BTW, thanks for your response & assistance...)
The feature is not disabled. Are you getting an error message or is it "just not posting"?

When you're creating a post, below the text entry box (and 4 checkboxes) there's an ATTACH FILE box. Click BROWSE. Find the file on your harddrive and doubleclick. The name/path of the file will appear in the box. When you post the msg or reply it'll be there. Or should.

Keep in mind that 102400 is less than 100k, but 79.6k ought to be small enough.

Try once more based on the above and if it doesn't work, shoot me the file: [email protected]

·
Registered
40 Posts
I figured it out!!! You cannot "preview" your reply... if you do, the attachment you specified gets deleted somehow. I just tried again and for the first time opted NOT to preview, but just to post directly... success!

Thanks to all for your tips & input.
Jerry

·
Registered
576 Posts
I figured it out!!! You cannot "preview" your reply... if you do, the attachment you specified gets deleted somehow. I just tried again and for the first time opted NOT to preview, but just to post directly... success!

Thanks to all for your tips & input.
Jerry

Is this still true? I am also having problems posting pictures and have been using the preview option...

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
HARDROCK said:

Is this still true? I am also having problems posting pictures and have been using the preview option...
Yes, this is still true . . . you cannot preview the attached pic.
When posting, click the Browse button below the dialog box, that will take you to your computer, select your pic program, highlight your selected pic, click Open, that will take you back to your post, but you will not see your pic, then click on Submit Post. When your post comes up on the board you will see your pic. Good luck!

·
Registered
265 Posts
I am trying to upload pics from my iPhone and I CAN'T!! I wonder why since as recent as yesterday I uploaded pics, and today it says not a valid image file... I even tried uploading the same pics as I did yesterday and NOTHING!! Does anyone else is experiencing this??

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
13 Participants
TavuL
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing