Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can some one help me please

I have a digital camera and took some really nice pictures of my X. Here is the predicament. My digi cam takes 1600X1200 pixels and each pictures is 430KB = 430,000 bytes. This site allows me to send pics that are only 102,000 so bytes... Any suggestions?

·
Registered
17 Posts
dunno what you use on your computer to view the images, but if it's Microsoft Photo Editor or Photoshop, I know that both have an option to resize the image and will therefore shrink the file size as well.

·
Registered
594 Posts
resize or retake

Either use a package like photoshop to reduce the file size or retake the photos at a lower resolution setting.

If you only have a few images to put up, PM me and you can email them to me and I will reduce them and return them to you.

·
681 Posts
Get Irfanview

Sounds like my department. If you don't have the programs mentioned by Aiya or davegood, you may want to download the great FREEWARE program Irfanview atIrfanview32
This popular program is not only a great image viewer but has a handy resize feature. As a suggestion, the largest image you will usually want to post on the web is 640x480 which will fit nicely on most people's screen. It is also usual to use a higher JPEG compression ratio for web images - try about the middle range between high-low or best-smallest or however the software identifies JPEG quality.
All of this is based on the assumption that you are using Windows. If that assumption is wrong - there are some somewhat similar programs available on the MAC but I defer to someone with more personal experience to suggest the best.
Hope this helps. if you have any questions about images, never hesitate to e-mail me - it's what I do. And keep those X pics coming.
Meep Meep

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
roadrunner
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing