Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Picture of my MDX that was hit

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  wcthomas01 
#1 ·
Here is my MDX that I bought new in 2020. I was parked at a grocery store by the garden department and a women had a heart attack and stepped on the gas and hit a few cars and a storage container. It has been at a body shop for over a month and they told me it has structural damage. The body shop said they are checking with the manufacturer to see if it can be repaired and asking if it should be or not. Opinions? Advice?
Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

even be repaired. The damage is always hard for me to look at but I was surprised to hear this. The women's insurance accepted the responsibility for the damage. Although I am concerned because she only had a $50,000 policy.
Opinions on my car?

See less See more
#6 ·
I would make the claim through your own insurance company, let them deal with other person insurance company.

I have done what you are doing in the past, and it didn't work out in my favor, so please just be careful.
Thank you. I did make the claim through my PEMCO insurance. PEMCO told me they were mostly out of the picture when Farmers accepted responsibility. I’m sure disappointed in them.

#5 ·
Correct. Your insurance is the primary and should pay for the claim through your collision coverage. They will then subrogate against the other person’s insurance. Based on how insurance works, your car will be either repaired or totaled. But, your insurance should cover the entire expense.

Additionally, as the other company has accepted ‘fault’, this should not be chargeable to you and your rates should not change.