Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....cost was $79.....got it at imotorgear.com...they have over 50 others to choose from...BTW, thanks for the guidance on posting pictures...

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts
Man...I didn't need to see that...it looks like it would fit well with the Quartz interior on my 'X. I like the Acura burlwood knob I have, but now... :D

·
Registered
840 Posts
Good match

Wow looks like an excellent match to the new 2003 revised wood color from the factory. Better than burlwood. Sweet.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Hey can u provide us with the part number? Looked through the list didn't find the one you show pictured.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Pics of floor mats?

Hey stumpie,

Would you mind taking pics of your acura all weather mats? I've see the pics of the WeatherTecs that other peops have posted, but haven't seen a pic of the acura ones. Your mats will be especially helpful since u have the quartz interior. We'll actually be able to see the fit of the mats.

Hope you don't mind and Thanks!

WL

·
Registered
470 Posts
Re: Pics of floor mats?

02SSmdx said:
....since u have the quartz interior.
I too would be interested in seeing some pics of the Acura all weather floor mats but, that interior looks to be saddle, not quartz.

stumpie - what is your impression of the black Acura floor mats with the saddle interior?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The knob I chose is "SKU: ALBKZB - Shift Knob - MOMO Tall Anatomic Style Leather/Zebrano" on like the 4th or 5th page as you page thru all the knobs. A plus to this install, IMO, is that the knob is shorter (lower) than stock, which was quite tall.

Keep in mind, tho, that to install Momo shift knobs you gotta do a little work...here's an earlier thread that details what's required....

http://acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9067&highlight=momo

Will post shots of the floor mats tonight. My interior is, in fact, saddle....mats go nicely with saddle, in my opinion.

·
Registered
293 Posts
stumpie,

great looking shift knob! can you post more pictures/instruction on your mod with the socket set screw? i thought the shift knob is just a simple unscrew/screw type of install, what's the "3 screws" that came with the momo knobs? thanks.

-henry

·
Registered
213 Posts
Re: Re: Pics of floor mats?

rjmitche said:
I too would be interested in seeing some pics of the Acura all weather floor mats but, that interior looks to be saddle, not quartz.

stumpie - what is your impression of the black Acura floor mats with the saddle interior?
Sorry...my mistake.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
henry_atwork said:
stumpie,

great looking shift knob! can you post more pictures/instruction on your mod with the socket set screw? i thought the shift knob is just a simple unscrew/screw type of install, what's the "3 screws" that came with the momo knobs? thanks.

-henry
All Momo knobs come with the same 3-screw setup, to my knowledge (I've had 3 or 4 prior to this). They do that to facilitate their knobs fitting on most shafts. Screw sizes of the shift rods vary by manufacturer, no doubt)

No photos, but it's like this: package comes with about 5 different rubber caps that go over the top of the cars shaft (over the threads). Once you select the one that fits the MDX shaft, the Momo goes over the cap for snug fit. Base of Momo has three equally spaced screw holes around it. The screws each, when tightened, triangulate onto the shaft and hold the knob tight. Comes with two lengths of screws, but as I noted in my other post, even the longer screws are too short. The slightly longer screws that you get from the hardware store for 44 cents are the ticket....except they are mabe one thread too long. By that I mean that the Momo cap (see the black base of the knob - thats metal and screws up onto the bottome to hide the screws) won't screw on as the 3 screws stick out too far. So just a slight filing of each of the screws does the trick. Then you can fasten the bottom Momo piece and you're set.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Color

How come your MOMO shift knob's wood color and pattern is EXACTLY matching the 2003 fake wood?! That's great that it does, but do we have to ask for a certain type of wood?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Color

ndahbar said:
How come your MOMO shift knob's wood color and pattern is EXACTLY matching the 2003 fake wood?! That's great that it does, but do we have to ask for a certain type of wood?
No, just ordered as is, believe they call it Zebra wood....the match was quite accidental. By the way, the enlarged image of the knob on the web site shows a significantly darker wood....therefore, one could recieve one that doesn't match as well......

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Couple of you had asked for shots of the all-weather mats with the saddle interior....

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar...

I like the match of the wood to the plastiwood of the MDX, but the shifter itself is a bit phallic, dont you think? :D

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Re: Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar...

RL in Florida said:
I like the match of the wood to the plastiwood of the MDX, but the shifter itself is a bit phallic, dont you think? :D
:19:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts